• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you buy your food and bedding?

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
I'm trying to figure out where I can bulk buy bedding locally - needs to be something with low dust... but not sure what to try. We've been using hemp which seems OK but I've heard people prefer mega zorb? Is there anything else we could try?

Also food - my two are currently mad for the herby harvest hay from Pets at Home but I could really do with more of it considering they're going through a pack nearly every day! Any suggestions? :)

(Sorry if this isn't in the right section!)

560729_10150811932828321_523568320_9595949_1849792776_n.jpg

There's the terrible twosome! :)

Lots of people do seem to like Megazorb.
I have outdoor bunnies and just use thick layers of newspaper and hay.
Might be worth buying hay on-line. I usually use HayforPets (others on here do, too). They do sample packs free, you just have to pay the P&P.

Lots of people do seem to like Megazorb.
I have outdoor bunnies and just use thick layers of newspaper and hay.
Might be worth buying hay on-line. I usually use HayforPets (others on here do, too). They do sample packs free, you just have to pay the P&P.

Excellent, thanks :)

I use a local outdoors/horsey type shop. I can buy large quantities of hay instead of the little bags you get in petshops.

I use a local horse feeds merchant. I get megazorb for the litter trays and bales of hay from there. We don't tend to use much megazorb tho as the hutch and wendyhouse and filled with vinyl, and there is just megazorb in the litter trays. We would easily get through 2 bags a week otherwise with the size of the hutch and wendyhouse!!! :shock:

for bedding we buy straw and woodshavings from pets at home

our local post office orders our food for us as they stock animal foods (its something they started doing to bring in money so they didnt have to close down) , we get a huge big sack of pellets for £10 which usually lasts a couple of months

Back