• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weight?!?

My British giant is 4 months old and 2.5 kilos in weight is that normal or not? The vet seemed surprised but he was in statis and I thought I was going to loose him so didn't think to ask! X

im not sure maybe someone who has giant breeds wll know more, i only know about mini lop and nethie weights really, but whle in statis f they havn't eaten for a while bound to have lost alittle in weight

That sounds a bit light, my French lop (a smaller breed) weighed 3.5 kg at the same age, is he a purebred British Giant?

at 4 months he won't be fully grown so it's difficult to say if he's the "right" weight.
If you're worried about him being underweight then your best bet is to have a feel, I think you should be able to feel his ribcage and spine but the bones shouldn't feel prominent.

Back