• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should I let her eat leaves?

Emmax15

Young Bun
In my garden I get loads of dandelion and milk thistles leaves which I give Hermione and she loves them!

But is it ok for her to eat random leaves that get blown into the garden? Please don't ask what leaves :oops::lol:
Just generic tree leaves haha. They have gone dry and brown though and she seems to love them. I expect she wouldn't eat them if it wasn't good for her, but she also has a nibbling attraction to my towel and dress so I never know :lol:

I would try to avoid it. If i remeber rightly brown leaves have increased sugars and can cause dysbiosis (sticky bum) plus if you don't know what trees they're from they might be toxic.

I would try to avoid it. If i remeber rightly brown leaves have increased sugars and can cause dysbiosis (sticky bum) plus if you don't know what trees they're from they might be toxic.

Okay thank you, I will discourage her :) I think they are from the tree in my garden, but I'm not sure what it is still. She seems to like the blossom from it as well, but again maybe because it is sweeter!

Doughnut ate a couple of buttercups at the weekend from the creeping buttercup on the grass, then read it was toxic to rabbits! She was OK though and have moved her away from it and tried to get it out of my lawn. She didn't eat the leaves but seemed to love the flower!

Back