• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Conning the Highlanders!

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
So annoyed at the moment. I ordered an extra metal run to add on to my existing one. I chose a company on ebay, who have a lot of good feedback, but all their listings said no delivery to Scotland.

So I emailed them, said to them that Royal Mail and ParcelForce don't charge extra to the Highlands, but they said it was a different courier and that it would be an £11.90 charge. So I desperately needed the run, so I agreed to pay it. It was over £70 in total.

It came yesterday...with ParcelForce. I am SO annoyed. I know £12 might not seem a lot to some, but thats a few bags of rabbit food that it could have gone on. I've double checked with my postie, and he said I'm right, ParcelForce don't charge anymore, and I have checked their website as well. I'm going to complain, but I don't know how to go about it without sounding as annoyed as I am. I want me £12 back!!!

This is what I have so far...

Hello
I just wanted to let you know, the run I purchased over the phone last week arrived, thank you. I just wanted to voice my disappointment over the fact that it came by ParcelForce, which does not charge extra to the Highlands of Scotland, when you charged me nearly £12 extra for this delivery to be couriered. You have offered free delivery to everywhere in the UK except Scotland, when it is the exact same price! I had planned to buy another one of these in a few weeks for my guinea pigs, but I will not be doing so now, nor recommending you.

I just thought I should let you know it arrived, and please consider in the future, not charging unnecessary postage charges.

Do I sound rude? :wave:

No, send it!

I would also open a case with ebay if you paid through paypal. I would be well annoyed!

So annoyed at the moment. I ordered an extra metal run to add on to my existing one. I chose a company on ebay, who have a lot of good feedback, but all their listings said no delivery to Scotland.

So I emailed them, said to them that Royal Mail and ParcelForce don't charge extra to the Highlands, but they said it was a different courier and that it would be an £11.90 charge. So I desperately needed the run, so I agreed to pay it. It was over £70 in total.

It came yesterday...with ParcelForce. I am SO annoyed. I know £12 might not seem a lot to some, but thats a few bags of rabbit food that it could have gone on. I've double checked with my postie, and he said I'm right, ParcelForce don't charge anymore, and I have checked their website as well. I'm going to complain, but I don't know how to go about it without sounding as annoyed as I am. I want me £12 back!!!

This is what I have so far...
Do I sound rude? :wave:

Not at all - I'd be royally peeved off!!!

I used to HATE the extortionate delivery charges when we lived in Inverness - one woman at a company tried to tell me we lived "offshore"!!! It's Inverness, not the North Pole! :evil:

I would say some thing more along the lines of
"I'm very please with the run however I feel unable to give you good feedback or recommend you to friends due to an issue with the postage. When I rang to ask why there was an extra charge I was told this was due to the courier charging extra to the highlands. However, the item was then delivered by parcel force who do not charge extra to my area. In light of this I feel I was misled in to spending an extra £12. I am willing to give you 48 hrs to rectify the issue before I leave negative feedback.
Sincerely ....."

I would say some thing more along the lines of
"I'm very please with the run however I feel unable to give you good feedback or recommend you to friends due to an issue with the postage. When I rang to ask why there was an extra charge I was told this was due to the courier charging extra to the highlands. However, the item was then delivered by parcel force who do not charge extra to my area. In light of this I feel I was misled in to spending an extra £12. I am willing to give you 48 hrs to rectify the issue before I leave negative feedback.
Sincerely ....."

Me likey this idea.... get your money back from the thieving :censored:. Me and my OH run an e-bay business, there is absolutely no reason to charge extra for Scotland!!! We had one address in Ireland that no-one would deliver to but Scotland is the same body of land to us for petes sake!!!

Were you genuinely thinking of buying another for your guinea pigs?

If not, I'd basically say what blue-vix said and do your best to get the money back. If they value their reputation then they'll do it.

If you were going to buy a second I'd tell them you'd be happy to buy the second one from them so long as the second one is free postage and they deduct the £12 they essentially owe you.

I would be a bit more forceful and tell them you expect your £12 to be refunded to you because of x, y, z, and if it is not refunded you will be opening a case with Paypal and leaving negative feedback.

Hate some sellers :evil:

I am with you on this one happysaz. I live in the dreaded IV postcode area. I know a lot of couriers do charge extra but you have obviously been misled as they told you it was another courier company. I would def communicate with them saying you are going to leave bad feedback and giving them a chance to rectify . Sounds like they have just made an extra £12 from your order. :evil:

its why I don't very often hay and stuff online. Costs almost £13 for delivery before you even start shopping :(

Back