• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vienna marked rabbit.....help???

alibaba

New Kit
i've a doe, her one eye color is blue and other eye color is brown. and i searched and found that she is vienna marked doe. if i breed her with REW buck, what outcomes will be?? any idea pictures attached.

There are not many people on here who are very clued up on genetics as the majority of members are anti Breeding. There are already too many unwanted Rabbits in the world, so deliberately breeding more just adds to an ever increasing problem.

Off the top of my head I think that there are 3 people who may be able to answer your question

Sky-O
DemiS
walnutearth

You could drop them a PM incase they dont see this thread.

You're most likely to get a mixture of BEWs and Vienna marked buns. Those buns will be carriers of the vienna gene, it also depends on what colours the REW carriers (usually Agouti I think)

I'm still learning my rabbit genetics so sorry if I'm a bit (way) off! :oops:

It depends what the REW is masking (and if you have the genetic history, you should be able to know this), but you won't get any BEWs but each kit has a 50% chance of inheriting the vienna gene, so has a 50% chance of being a vienna. BEWs are only 'made' when a rabbit inherits two vienna genes- as I understand it.

There is a sticky in health about responsible breeding, so that would be worth a read.

Back