• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Professor Hoodwink! *pic heavy*

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
I have had Professor Hoodwink since September. She was found as a very underweight hedgehog (only 250g!) riddled in ticks and fleas and wandering about at 10am in the middle of a field. I took her home with me and got her treated for her flea burden and managed to get most of the ticks off. It became apparent that she had something else going on after dropping her weight to only 180g a weeks later. A sample revealed that she had several internal parasites including coccidia as well as possible pneumonia. Despite all the odds she pulled through. I decided to place her outside in a hutch and run a few weeks ago but she decided to stop eating and drinking so she was brought back inside. There didn't seem to be anything wrong with her and so I presume she got a little confused and decided it was hibernating time! :roll: Bringing her back inside solved that and with the warm weather she has now been placed back in her hutch outside in her run.
I am very pleased to say that she has already ventured out and had a good munch on her food and wandered about the run. Please send her lots of vibes for her to remember how to be a wild hedgepig.

IMG_1626.jpg

Nope..not coming out

IMG_1627.jpg

Ok..but just a peek.

IMG_1628.jpg

Oh, it's you again!

IMG_1630.jpg

I know what this means! I'm not going back to the vets, I'm outta here!

:lol:

Thank you everybody. Later on in the night she had gone back to bed but she had a friend visiting! A bigger hedgehog was VERY interested in her smells :lol: I hope they get along when she is finally released :). It must be so nice for her to finally stretch her legs properly and have a run around with new smells. I'm so proud of her :thumb:

Back