• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some pictures of the cottage garden :)

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
I thought the cottage garden looked very pretty tonight so I took a few snaps and thought I'd share them...

Orchard and strawberry patch
20120523_183423.jpg

Main veg plot & wild flower meadow (meadow is/will be on the left, it's just been set so nowt there yet! :lol:)
20120523_183441.jpg

Main lawn & garden
20120523_184131.jpg

Another view
20120523_184219.jpg

Gorgeous! I'm stuck in a terraced house and absolutely envy you! If i could go back in time i would have picked a home surrounded by land before i had my 3 kids as my first house. Im 29 so i hope by the time im 50 i can impress my grandkids with a garden like that! :love: it x

Oh, it's beautiful! Lots of hard work I expect, but completely worth it.

That garden is idyllic, how on earth do you keep it looking that way along with everything else you do?

How are you ever going to find another home with a garden that lives up to that?

Thank you for the lovely comments :D It really is a gorgeous garden and there are aspects of it I will definitely miss.

We are very lucky as Chris' dad often comes & mows the lawn and he sometimes digs the veg plot too :thumb: I do pretty much everything else but the beds largely look after themselves as they are so full so I don't have to dig very often ;) There'a always a lot of cutting back & staking up to but I enjoy that. The hedges are the biggest job. We have no man-made boundaries and so keeping the hedges looking nice is a challenge & I don't let anyone touch them March -October bacause of nesting birds :D

Really hope the wildflower meadow works. I was so inspired after watching Sarah Ravens 'Bees & Butterflies' programme :love:

Back