• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sometimes Summer's brain damage is so obvious (quite a heartwarming story)

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
Picture this scene (background info Summer is blind, brain damaged and fighting a hind leg abscess)...

Summer sitting in her hay trug, she hears her food getting dropped in the pen. She circles a few times finding a place to jump out, but she jumped out the wrong side and ended up walking through her tunnel :oops:. This then confused poor Summer because she wasnt where she expected to be :?. With all the confusion, she forgot it was supper time, so when she came across a stray bit of hay on the floor, she started to eat it :D. Suddenly remembering the point of leaving the hay trug, Summer spat out the piece of hay and found her way to where Giles and Willow were already tucking into supper :lol:.

I love that wee girl so much, bless her, she is so oblivous to everything, she just lives in her own wee happy world :love:

Oh Bless her heart, I remember when I met your bunnies I had such a soft spot for Summer she is just so lovely :love::love:

Thats when Giles was giving you a minutes peace from humping your arm :oops: :lol:

You will understand what i mean about her being oblivous to everything, she is a contented wee soul isnt she!

How are the boys getting on? I have not managed over the road for a while to get updates :D

Such things only make special needs bunnies even more endearing.:love:

Many years ago I had a little bunny called Willow. She was a mini lop, blind in one eye and brain damaged.

What an absolute little star she was.:love::love::love:

She taught me such alot about caring for bunnies with special needs.

Willow........:love::love::love:

Such things only make special needs bunnies even more endearing.:love:

Many years ago I had a little bunny called Willow. She was a mini lop, blind in one eye and brain damaged.

What an absolute little star she was.:love::love::love:

She taught me such alot about caring for bunnies with special needs.

Willow........:love::love::love:

Willow sounds very similar to Summer :love: they are wonderful wee animals. I have cried a thousand tears over Summer, but then i wonder why, because she is not sad, she is happy :love:

Thanks for the lovely replies everyone :D

Willow sounds very similar to Summer :love: they are wonderful wee animals. I have cried a thousand tears over Summer, but then i wonder why, because she is not sad, she is happy :love:

Thanks for the lovely replies everyone :D

Perhaps we can look forward to more lovely stories about dear Summer. That would be great.

Noserubs to the little darling.:love:

I will get you some pictures later on :D im sure she will be up to no good when she gets out, she gave Willow a proper chase yesterday because she frightened her by mistake :lol:

Thats when Giles was giving you a minutes peace from humping your arm :oops: :lol:

You will understand what i mean about her being oblivous to everything, she is a contented wee soul isnt she!

How are the boys getting on? I have not managed over the road for a while to get updates :D

Yes Summer certainly lives in a world of her own Bless her :love:

The boys are doing fine although Fudge just doesn't seem to put any weight on at all and yet he eats well, Pepsi is at the vet's on Friday for a dental check up as he has started mouthing so I think he is starting with another spur otherwise they are doing very well :)

Back