• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

sorry me again, Lilys eye

madcats69

New Kit
i have noticed no, lily is keeping her eye shut, she does open it, but main shut, theres not discharge and not watery, i looked inside cant see anythjing,

eye when open

P1000135.jpg

eye
P1000138.jpg

P1000154.jpg

to me the lid bit round looks abit red

Has she walked into something pointy? my rabbits have done this quite a bit recently - they're off to the vet on Friday, as Button has ulcers on his eyes from walking into pointy things, and I noticed Oreo had one eye closed on Monday but no pus ,so again I'm suspecting something got in it - she benefitted from some painkiller and (rather naughtily on my part) some of Button's eye drops.

I'd get her to a Vet this afternoon. Assuming that it is just the one eye that is effected it could be the start of conjunctivitis. She may have sustained a scratch to her cornea and this will need to be checked out ASAP. If it is both eyes then there are other more serious possibilities, but either way a Vet check is needed this afternoon/evening

Good luck

her other eye is normal not closed, she seems normal and she does have eye open sometimes like when she hears somthing she opens it wide ect, but then closes, she may have caught it, so best to keep eye on it for couple of days is it, or take to vets straight away, no discharge and , she eating and drinking fine

Has she walked into something pointy? my rabbits have done this quite a bit recently - they're off to the vet on Friday, as Button has ulcers on his eyes from walking into pointy things, and I noticed Oreo had one eye closed on Monday but no pus ,so again I'm suspecting something got in it - she benefitted from some painkiller and (rather naughtily on my part) some of Button's eye drops.

It really is not a good idea to use medication prescribed for one Rabbit on another Rabbit unless a Vet has told you to do so after examining the Rabbit. This is especially important with eye drops/ointment. Some are totally contraindicated for certain opthalmic conditions and using a medication inappropriately could potentially cause very serious problems :cry:

her other eye is normal not closed, she seems normal and she does have eye open sometimes like when she hears somthing she opens it wide ect, but then closes, she may have caught it, so best to keep eye on it for couple of days is it, or take to vets straight away, no discharge and , she eating and drinking fine

Straight to Vets, you mentioned in another thread that she is quiet, that is probably because she is in some pain.

now the suns gone in she not quiet lol, but i have rang the vets ect tyty

Getting her eye checked for a corneal abbrasion now may save lots of trouble in the future. A scratched cornea can become ulcerated and not only is this incredibly painful it can, worst case scenario, cost the Rabbit their eye :cry:

I am not trying to panic you, but to emphasise how important it is to get a Vet to examine her.

Getting her eye checked for a corneal abbrasion now may save lots of trouble in the future. A scratched cornea can become ulcerated and not only is this incredibly painful it can, worst case scenario, cost the Rabbit their eye :cry:

I am not trying to panic you, but to emphasise how important it is to get a Vet to examine her.

thankyou i am greatful for advice

Back