• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sir Victor-2nd June 2000hrs Post 259

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
OMG what an awful time we have had :cry:

Sir Victor became acutely unwell yesterday afternoon including having a fever of 41.5c :shock: :cry:

He has a bad flare up of otitis again and he also developed Heatstroke :cry:

We so nearly lost him :cry:

He is still not at all well, but his temperature is now normal and his pain is better controlled.

We are not out of the woods yet, not by a long way :cry:

Seeing Sir Victor so obviously very ill is awful as he is normally such an 'in your face' Rabbit, a total thug. I just want him to be back to being a :censored: again

:cry:

Last edited:
What a horrendous day, poor Sir Victor.:cry::cry::cry:

I hope he can improve throughout today and get his devil may care attitude back soon.

Thinking of you Jane, I cannot imagine how scary that would have been.:cry:

What a horrendous day, poor Sir Victor.:cry::cry::cry:

I hope he can improve throughout today and get his devil may care attitude back soon.

Thinking of you Jane, I cannot imagine how scary that would have been.:cry:

Thanks Ali, it was a huge shock as he went downhill so rapidly :cry:

I am just glad I was here as had he not received immediate fluids and slow cooling I am 100% certain he would have died :cry: He went from bouncing about the garden to not being able to stand all within the space of an hour :cry:

Good Lord, how frightening. :( Sending (((((((((((((healing vibes))))))))))))))) for Sir Victor's complete and swift recovery.
More (((((((((((hugs)))))))))) for you, Jane. You've had a time of it lately.

Oh no! :shock: how very scary. Thank goodness you were there. I hope that Victor will make a full recovery. It was very hot yesterday all of a sudden, maybe this made things worse :(

Thanks everyone

Please please be ultra vigilant re your Bunnies in this sudden hot weather. I thought no-one could be more vigilant than I am, but still Sir Victor was severely effected and it really did all happen within an hour. I dread to think of what the outcome would have been had I been out :cry:
He was not unable to access shade or to come indoors, but obviously that was not enough and now the Rabbits will not be allowed in the back garden between 2pm and 6pm when it gets most sun.

I feel sick and shaky just thinking about how bad Victor was. Watching the thermomitor reading shoot up as I took his temperature scared me to death. He was also badly dehydrated :cry:

Sir Victor is still very unwell :cry:

He is on treatment (abx, Metacam, canaural ) but we fear surgery may be needed and his prognosis is very guarded :cry:

Cant believe this, Sir Victor very subdued and having to be constantly tempted to eat

:cry: :cry:

Keeping up vibes for Sir Victor, I hope he starts to feel better soon. I really worry about my buns in this heat when I'm at work :( xx

Poor Sir Victor :( Hope he recovers fully.

My bunny Chloe had heat stroke once, it can happen so quickly. she survived luckily.

Back