• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Much Do Your Vets charge?

Bunny218

Young Bun
just a question :p
I know it vary's depending on where you live
I'm in Canada and I have two vets here that charge 65$ for a check up, and one that costs about 90$ for a check up! ( FOR ANY ANIMAL SICK OR HEALTHY ; CATS, DOGS, RABBITS , HORSES ETC. )
I'm glad I called that last vet(one that charges 90$) on prices , before i visited for a check up :p
But whenever i ask about medication costs through email or phone.....they never answer meee xD

HOWBOUTYOURVETSINYOURAREA?

Hmm my vet always tells me the price of treatments over the phone. I think its a good policy to do so.

We get charged £30 for a consultation/check up but it can be more if any treatment is needed.

Hmm my vet always tells me the price of treatments over the phone. I think its a good policy to do so.

We get charged £30 for a consultation/check up but it can be more if any treatment is needed.

Wow thats like half the amount that i get charged:shock: , I do agree it would be a good policy that they tell me the price for treatments :)

Depends which vet. The one closest to me charges £27, the one I prefer charges about £17 I think it was (and they're more rabbit savvy!)

At one vets the longterm rexamination consultation of exotics is about £8, this is for going back about something you've been there for a few times. I go to the vets often you see, at least once a month, usually for snuffles. The normal consult is about £9-10 I think.

The other vets in town charges £15 for consultation of exotics, but they also charge for all the little things, like to look at their teeth it is an extra £10, and they charge for nail trimming too, whereas the first vet includes little things like this in with the consult price.

I live in a cheap area for vets though, when I move down south I will expect to pay £20-35.

At one vets the longterm rexamination consultation of exotics is about £8, this is for going back about something you've been there for a few times. I go to the vets often you see, at least once a month, usually for snuffles. The normal consult is about £9-10 I think.

The other vets in town charges £15 for consultation of exotics, but they also charge for all the little things, like to look at their teeth it is an extra £10, and they charge for nail trimming too, whereas the first vet includes little things like this in with the consult price.

I live in a cheap area for vets though, when I move down south I will expect to pay £20-35.

Lucky for you, living in an area of cheap costing vets !:p
I can't visit too often cause of prices, but go whenever i can!
Would £20-35 be too much for you to pay?

Its quite pricey in Canada for vets in my opinion >.<

Depends which vet. The one closest to me charges £27, the one I prefer charges about £17 I think it was (and they're more rabbit savvy!)

Yah! The vets closer to me aren't really what i prefer, but they're still good. If I'm looking for really good rabbit service I have to travel about half an hour - 45 mins !:lol:

Lucky for you, living in an area of cheap costing vets !:p
I can't visit too often cause of prices, but go whenever i can!
Would £20-35 be too much for you to pay?

Its quite pricey in Canada for vets in my opinion >.<

No, it wouldnt be too much, if they need it they need it, and if the vet is a good rabbit vet then its worth the money. I'm quite lucky at the moment though where I can go for nail trimming, weighing, teeth checking etc even when they arent ill, because its so cheap. I would probably only go for illnesses and vaccs if it was £35 a time, as I can do weighing/nail trimming at home if need be, although I'd still get a dental checkup every 6 months or so.

Last edited:
No, it wouldnt be too much, if they need it they need it, and if the vet is a good rabbit vet then its worth the money. I'm quite lucky at the moment though where I can go for nail trimming, weighing, teeth checking etc even when they arent ill, because its so cheap. I would probably only go for illnesses and vaccs if it was £35 a time, as I can do weighing/nail trimming at home if need be, although I'd still get a dental checkup every 6 months or so.

I also do my best to treat her at home, with teeth check, nail trimming, etc. Infact I'm not really so sure about how much the vets in my area charge for nail trimming, as i haven't ever asked ( i'm guessing 10$-20 :$) :O Sometimes a vet really deserves the money, but sometimes they might not, but you still have to pay them :| My friend once told me that a vet charged 20$ to put on a special band-aid on her dog, and he wouldn't let her take it home to do it herself. But sometimes it worth it, especially for your rabbit. And I've learnt to just forget about the cost and just pay the 65$ + extra charges :\ ...You are very lucky!! :lol:

For consultations with the vet it's about £15 for me. If the bunnies have anything done like Patchies going for his dentals, we get a free check up a few days later. Nail trimming is like £6 to do. Not sure about vacs since it changed though, but before the combined they were like £15 each roughly. Luckily my vets are really rabbit savvy. :).

For consultations with the vet it's about £15 for me. If the bunnies have anything done like Patchies going for his dentals, we get a free check up a few days later. Nail trimming is like £6 to do. Not sure about vacs since it changed though, but before the combined they were like £15 each roughly. Luckily my vets are really rabbit savvy. :).

Your vet is cheap, rabbit savvy and you sometimes get free check ups?! Wow, I wish i had a nearby vet like that! :lol:
Is it the same thing for dogs, cats and other animals?

Your vet is cheap, rabbit savvy and you sometimes get free check ups?! Wow, I wish i had a nearby vet like that! :lol:
Is it the same thing for dogs, cats and other animals?

Not to sure to be honest, I have only ever had rabbits at the vets. But it is a popular place cause of the local vet that works there goes on the radio every saturday to give advice to people who phone in with an problem.

Depends on what vet I go to but usually $50 for a consultation if the animal is sick (although it may be $30 for rabbits, birds and small animals, can't remember for sure:? ). If it's out of hours it's $90, for cats and dogs at least.

With another vet I go to it's only $20 for a consultation for cats and dogs.

I don't get nail trims done but I know it's $5 at one of my vets. Nail trims are generally very cheap and vets are often do them for free if I brought a pet in for something else. There are free follow up check ups if your pet has just had an operation or something.

Last edited:
My vets charge £35 for a consultation, which includes a full teeth check and body check. They have their nails trimmed to.. I have 2 buns, and although Ive only made an appointment for Ben, the vet will also see Cupcake and do the same treatment for her which is really good!

However, for out of hour emergencies, it costs £121!! :shock:

And thats just for a consultation fee, no extras included in that. Plus a 45 minute drive :(

Back