• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

weird behaviour

sunnibunny

Alpha Buck
its 2 weeks today that my bunny passed away, and my other rabbit leah was outside today in this glorious weather. so she was moving in her pen and hutch consistently of lying down. she is not much of a rabbit to lie down frankly so thought it was a bit strange but took it to the weather being so nice and hot and therefore needing to cool down. but now she is back in her cage inside and she is still acting weird, she has not eaten or pooed this evening at all and still constantly lying down on the lino and then gets up although like she is struggling and slipping with her front legs to pull herself up and goes to another area and does the same, im not sure if she is doing small bouts of floppy rabbit syndrome and then perking up or that she is trying to get cool. either way, im frankly freaking out especially since the recent loss of my beloved bunny. :( if she is still the same way tomorrow morning will probably ring up vets, but in the mean time was just wondering what RU opinions may be.

It sounds as though she has a sore tummy and is trying to get comfortable. The odd behaviour along with no eating or pooping rings alarm bells and she does need to see a vet. I hope she is back to normal soon.

leah this morning is much better.she is moving around lots and in the night she ate all her food, which were nuggets, carrots, oats and basil. There was also poo in her litter tray although small and dark this morning. i massaged her tummy yesterday as long as she would let me. as she is much better today i will delay the vet trip and just keep an eye on her, but no treats today. just hay hay hay and thats it for her today and tummy rubs to help her stomach. thank you so much for your reply aliduncan1, i was literally going crazy all night and kept checking on her and your reply makes a lot of sense. xx

Back