• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hawthorn

Ellasyn

Mama Doe
My bunnies seem totally disinterested in hawthorn, and Im about to cut the whole hedge, so was just wondering if there was anywhere in the suffolk/south norfolk area that fancied some? no fee, but would prefer you to be able to collect unless its a rescue, in which case I might be able to travel a bit depending on location. IF not its only going to the dump! Will probably cut it this week/weekend so dont know how long it keeps, but will be getting rid of any unclaimed hawthorn by sunday.

I don't live anywhere near you, but if you change the thread title to something like 'free hawthorn in x' you are more likely to catch the attention of interested people.

If it's definitely not ever been treated (which I'm not sure about because you have recently moved in?) We'd love some please :D Happy to collect

If it's definitely not ever been treated (which I'm not sure about because you have recently moved in?) We'd love some please :D Happy to collect

The land behind hasnt been sprayed or anything, and going by the amount of weed and insect life in there I cant think that its been done recently from this side, but Ill give the previous owners a call tomorrow and just double check.

The land behind hasnt been sprayed or anything, and going by the amount of weed and insect life in there I cant think that its been done recently from this side, but Ill give the previous owners a call tomorrow and just double check.

Oh awesome, thanks!

Ok they said in the 6 years they were here nothings been done chemically in the garden at all (not surprising given it was lawn, that horrible hedge at the side and membrane and stones for beds). So the hawthorn should be all clean. Well it does have some bugs, but im sure they can be persuaded to vacate with a little water. Ive got half of it cut now and Im hoping to finish today, not sure whens ok for you to collect if i get a box full cut up for you?

Back