• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets At Home Bunnies

It breaks your heart.:cry::cry:

I'm lucky to have a great pet shop in my local market. They don't sell any form of livestock.:thumb::thumb:

Visits to shops that sell livestock are only in an absolute emergency....................which is fortunately very rare.

Yeah me and my mum buy our food from there. The mummy rabbit didnt even have a name she was a calfornian but all babies were black and white butterfly i think. There were 5 boys and 1 girl. Me and my mum were tempted to have mum and the girl baby when they were ready but it is soo expensive when you add neutering and vaccinating on top.

Went into our local pets at home and in the adoption center in cheltenham and there was a mum and 6 four week old babies on display :(

:cry: If you're absolutely sure of your facts regarding the age of the babies, you need to report this to the Environmental Health Department of your local council as they should not be offering 4 week old babies up for adoption.

Did a staff member confirm the age? All good ammunition for you if so.

posting new threads

hi guys, i've just joined this forum and want to advertise my self funded bunny and guinea rescue. am i being thick as I can't see how to post a new thread?!

Yes there definately 4 weeks but there not ready yet until the 8th June
In that case I'd definitely report it to EH.... although they're not ready yet, surely they shouldn't be in a shop environment at such a young age? EH will confirm or say that's OK.

My auntie's poor rabbit is 1 year old and has already been touch-and-go a few times cos of malocclusion. The vet has been fighting on their behalf to claim back vet costs from PAH as my aunt has had to spend so much, and PAH have finally agreed to pay up as well as discontinue breeding from the bunny's mum. It's really sad - for all of those bunnies in there. :(

hi guys, i've just joined this forum and want to advertise my self funded bunny and guinea rescue. am i being thick as I can't see how to post a new thread?!

you need to send your details to a mod for approval to post in the In Need section. This forum doesn't allow advertising bunnies for rehoming on other sections
A bit of info about your rescue and it's policies also helps people to get to know you :D

Back