• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have a sunbathing bunny?

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
My recently adopted rabbit Pebbles loves to sunbath now it is warm.

Having had Rosie for about 2 years I have always known her to be a shade bunny because she has soo much fur and it can get pretty hot for her in summer. So the first few times I saw Pebbles laying in the sun I got worried that something was up and that he would get to hot. So I would scoot him off into some shade. But he just relaxes in the sun and dozes off lol. Is this normal??

Donny prefers the sun but Lola prefers the shade. Although they are lying down half in the sun, half in the shade at the moment :D

Estelle my beautiful blue eyed white bunny, loves sunbathing.That's fine as she reflects the heat.:thumb:

Frankie my little light brown lionhead x harlequin also likes sunbathing...............................unfortunately as he is rather fluffy he does tend to overheat. I have to keep shooing him into the shade.

Pebbles has quite thin hair compared to Rosie. So he doesn't seem to get too hot but I am always checking him to make sure he is ok and everything :)

My Albie (BEW) loves the sun. I had to poke him before as I thought he was dead, he ran off flicking his feet and thumping. Obviously disgusted at me ruining his tan time.

Back