• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppet has been admitted/ Not well again p48/ She's gone

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(

Poppet is an elderly cancer bunny. Over the last couple of weeks she has been slowing down a lot. As she is 9 years old we weren't sure if this is age related or something more sinister. Over the weekend she became very slow with her eating and looked increasingly uncomfortable :(

She had a check up this morning and she is dehydrated and has a hard impacted stomach :( She has been admitted for fluids etc and if there is no improvement in 24 hours she will be given x-rays to see if the cancer has spread.

TBH I think they should be done today so when I ring early afternoon for an update I am going to try to push for them asap because if we have no chance of winning this I don't want her to be suffering longer than she has too.

I really hope the meds help her but its not looking great :(

Last edited:
Mega vibes for Poppet. What a terrible time for you. I don't know how you cope with the stress.

I'm no different to anyone else. I really am not coping :( I feel really sick and ill and am struggling badly. I try and focus on the positives, like we can now improve more of the buns accommodation and give them more space each but its not really working :(

I'm no different to anyone else. I really am not coping :( I feel really sick and ill and am struggling badly. I try and focus on the positives, like we can now improve more of the buns accommodation and give them more space each but its not really working :(

I wish I knew what to say. :( There will a time when everything won't be so bleak. The accommodation and space always looks great, sounds like you are down on yourself at the moment as you are both struggling. Everything looks negative at times like this. I really hope everything improves soon. xxx

Vibes for Poppet and big hugs for you! I'm so sorry you're having so many worries and sad times recently. (((((((((((((((((((Hugs &Vibes)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Poor Poppet - Sending trillions of vibes and hoping it is just age related and not more sinister. So sorry you are having such a difficult time at present and hoping better times are just around the corner. xxx

Thinking of you and Poppet. Sending vibes and hugs. I really hope that there is nothing nasty going on with Poppet. You have had too much heartbreak recently :cry:
(((hugs)))

Liz, I just don't believe it, when are you two going to get a break?

Hugs xx

I know :( And Poppet isn't the last of them that are really battling for time with us. I guess given what we do there was always going to come a time where so many went so close together. :? We have had some bad times before but this is definitely the worst :cry:

Back