• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet time!!

Emmax15

Young Bun
Morning! :)

I have to take my bun to the vets at 12 today for a check up... just wondering if you have any tips on how to minimise the stress for her?

I am taking her in the same box that I bought her home in. She is already out in the garden with me, and I have put the box out as well with some of her hay and food in so she might get used to it this morning. She's been pretty nosey with the box already, jumping in and out of it.

It's only a 2 minute drive up the road but obviously want to keep her as happy as possible!

:) Sort of want to take her right now, she is sitting in the box of her own accord! Haha. Bet I wont have it so easy getting her in it when she needs to be :lol:

Everything is fine with her, just a check up as I have had her 2 weeks now.

Also while I'm here... was wondering how much water she should be drinking? I change it every day and she probably drinks about 100ml? She eats lots of grass and greens so I suppose there is a lot of water in that, but I'm sure I read somewhere they need lots of water to keep their digestion going well?

As long as she is eating grass and greens then she won't drink much water. If you are providing fresh water daily then she will drink as much as she needs :)

I think I am just turning into a bit of a neurotic mother! ;)

That is just normal! When I got my first bunny Kermit I was paranoid at every little thing that he done.....'oh why is he lying like that' 'oh he never ate all the carrot' and so on.....I was reassured by everyone on here for the daftest things!

I feel better then :)
I think I worry as I read the bad posts about sick bunnies and it seems to happen so quickly :(

I feel better then :)
I think I worry as I read the bad posts about sick bunnies and it seems to happen so quickly :(

Oh it can happen quick when they get ill, so better to be worried unnecessarily than not at all. You are clearly a caring bunny mummy if you are on here asking for advice.

My two are fine with the trip to the vets, Inca especially, she just lies down in the carrier.

Well we are back from the vets!

She was really well behaved... got in her box fine and sat quietly in the car. Didn't even thump her feet which I thought she might as she usually has no problem showing that shes not impressed. She let the vet handle her well and even stood on the scales nicely...I think she was a bit confused but at least she didn't kick or bite.

All is well with her, they said she looks like a very healthy bun - have booked her jabs for 29th!

Now she is back in her run and having a bit of a sulk in her house, but I'm sure being the softie that I am she will wangle some carrot from me!

I agree it is better to worry and be safe than be sorry!

That is great news that she got on well at the vets and that she has been given a clean bill of health :)

I think she does need a wee treat for being a good girl!

Back