• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dolly's training is proving hard work!

k1984

Mama Doe
Dolly (my 'little' baby french lop) is now 13 weeks old. I'm trying my hardest with litter training her, but it's proving difficult. She likes to go EVERYWHERE! Both poos and wees. She has a tray, where I put her hay, and she wees in that...but then in all other three corners of her pen too! Help!! I'd love to have her as a free ranging house bun one day, but at the moment she's under constant supervision for toileting when shes out and about! I have new carpets to protect! :roll::lol::lol::lol:

Loads of people say that litter training is easier once bun is neutered / spayed. Just persevere, sometimes they just 'get it' and start to use the tray. I know it is a nightmare when they pee all over the place tho!

Loads of people say that litter training is easier once bun is neutered / spayed. Just persevere, sometimes they just 'get it' and start to use the tray. I know it is a nightmare when they pee all over the place tho!

I agree with what Kermit has said.

Whoever said that bunnies are easy to care/look after!!!!

They are great fun though!!:thumb:

Best of luck with the litter training. x

Thanks for your replies. I will do, I'm determined! :lol:
I'll have to get some pictures of her. Finally brought my camera home from work so I'll try and get some tonight, if not tomorrow :thumb:

Are you neutralising the areas of accidents with white vinegar when she goes in the wrong place?

DOnt worry about poops, many buns never get them, concentrate on wees and most of the poops should follow eventually.

She's just approaching the teenage stage though, so she likely wont grasp it properly till a while after she's neutered.

Back