• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why can't I remember?

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
:evil:

I'm now feeding Grim his food separately in the dog crate. I put the food down for him and put the door on so Smoo can't get to it.

But then I can't remember to let him out. I have to set an alarm on my phone to remind me. I check him every seven minutes to see if he's finished eating. How can I forget in seven minutes that he's locked in there? well today I put him in and went down to set the alarm... and forgot to set the alarm. He was locked in a three foot dog crate for an hour before I remembered. :(

Okay he was asleep and if he'd really wanted to get out he would have rattled the door and I would have heard, but still.

Don't worry we have done that many times and they are always happily asleep after their meal. We also set alarms for letting them out on our phones. It was so funny when we had more than one bunny separated from its partner to eat and they all ate at different speeds. We would set different alarms of our voice recordings so they would go off saying - "time to let Eddie out" then 10 minutes later, "time to let Lottie out" and so on!

Don't worry we have done that many times and they are always happily asleep after their meal. We also set alarms for letting them out on our phones. It was so funny when we had more than one bunny separated from its partner to eat and they all ate at different speeds. We would set different alarms of our voice recordings so they would go off saying - "time to let Eddie out" then 10 minutes later, "time to let Lottie out" and so on!

:lol:

I need a voice recording, that's so great. Grim has a little bit to eat first thing, then an hour or two later has a big meal, then it;s every three to four hours until the evening when he has a big meal again. I worry about leaving him without food over night but he's fed last thing before I sleep and first thing when I get up, before I even wee! I don't know how I'd cope with more than one. :shock: You must have some sort of super power. :D

But tomorrow I'm out all day because I have an exam so I think I'm just going to let Smoo have a fat day and put enough food down for both of them.

Fiver once got locked in my wardrobe for about 2 hours :shock: :shock: I was soooo angry that my Mam hadn't noticed he ran in there!

I thought he was dead, I walked in my room and he didn't run to me to say hello, then I heard a rattling in the wardrobe...needless to say he completely destroyed everything; ate a belt and peed on the floor. I have never seen him bolt out of something faster than when I opened that door :lol:

Oh it's bad. Forgetting I put pasta on to cook until I smell it burning... I made a thread a while ago and came to the conclusion it's stress. :?

Definately stress, in the last 2 weeks before returning I was so upset saying goodbye and everything that happened I was actually struggling to remember peoples name. I was forgetting words half way through conversations, even forgetting what I was talking about. It was weird and scary too.

Definately stress, in the last 2 weeks before returning I was so upset saying goodbye and everything that happened I was actually struggling to remember peoples name. I was forgetting words half way through conversations, even forgetting what I was talking about. It was weird and scary too.

Yeah it's definitely scary. Hopefully I will be back to my normal self soon. Even that isn't great and I'll still have to set alarms, but hopefully I will at least remember to set the alarms!

I DID IT AGAIN. :evil: :evil: :evil: :censored:

My alarm went off, I went up and he was still eating so I went back down and forgot to set it! It was a couple of hours this time. So annoyed at myself.
From now on if I lock that dog crate door I have to set the alarm FIRST.

Last bit of work in tomorrow and then I just have to demo mt project and I'm done. So not long left!

Back