• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Time required to swap pellets....

Alfagirl

Mama Doe
Hi all, looking for a few quick answers on how long it should take to swap a bunnies pellets over?

We're moving from Excel to SS, as it's easier to hand feed when they're being naughty.:roll::lol: And I can count the portions out to make sure everyone gets the same.
I'm slightly concerned that Maisey will lose weight again (we tried before and she lost ~200g in 4wks), but I'll hand-feed her 2nds if required. We had not long moved south though, so that may have been an atributary cause.

Also, does anyone use the mixing process when changing hays? We've moved from Hay for Pets to Dust Free Hay (my hayfever/asthma was getting dangerous:(), I'm giving them half and half at the moment, but think I might be overreacting!

Hay, i have to admit, i don't make any process of changing, just that i do it!

Re pellets, i normally suggest ~ 2 weeks. 10% for 2 days, 20% 2 days, 30% 2 days, etc etc :wave:

Hay, i have to admit, i don't make any process of changing, just that i do it!

Re pellets, i normally suggest ~ 2 weeks. 10% for 2 days, 20% 2 days, 30% 2 days, etc etc :wave:

Thanks Gray! :wave:

They already get a few SS pellets as treats (they ADORE them), so at we're prob starting from the 20% mark (they don't get a lot of pellets - I tell my Hubby they're Bunny Haribo :lol:).

Back