• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your bun act protective over another bun when unwell?

rescue buns

Warren Scout
Well my buns had their second set of jags on sat and like last time Rebecca wasn't herself 48hours later. Boy did my heart sink when she went from binkies to laying down in bunny barn not eating:( I thought oh no another vets trip. Fortnight ago they had their first set of jags and Rebecca ended up bk at vets and kept in for observation for 24hours after i found her shaking and not eating. Then when i brought her bk Tinkerbell rejected her and they were fighting:( 36 hours later they were bk to snuggling up together and i could have jumped for joy:lol: Luckily this time after 2hours she came out bunny barn, ate out my hand,drank from her bowl then explored...then binkies...then bunny 500 PHEW!
When i went into bunny barn yesterday and noticed Rebecca not herself i went to stroke her and Tinkerbell forced my hand away and then stamped her feet and snuggled up to Rebecca and lay her head over Rebeccas. So sweet, it was if to say "she's not well,leave her alone, she is mine!" Aww:love: Anybody else experience this behaviour?

Oh that is soooo sweet. The only thing that happens with mine is Bumble get jealous of me giving Bee attention and tells Bee to go away when I'm there although that happens less now that before

Ruthie xxx

When Mini had her op on her hip Mischa was very protective of her, he'd always station himself between the door and Mini and was very attentive. So yup, we've experienced it.

Not quite the same but Lady got her head stuck in the run one day then for quite a while after Buzz would sort of steer her away from being near the bars as if to say i dont want you to get stuck again.

Yes.

Biscuit gets very defensive of Ginger when she's not well. She always seeks him out when she's feeling ****.

Love all the replies,thanks:thumb:They made me laugh,all sweet in own way;) Tinkerbell and Rebecca get jealous if im stroking one of them, the other soon comes running and nudges the other one out the way and gets under my hand. I then give them a hand each. I love the interaction between buns. Its very funny. :love:

Back