• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I hate people

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Even someone who knows you well enough to know that you wouldn't give advice if you didn't know what you were on about, who knows your animals are the sole reason for your existance and has seen all of the problems I've had with my rabbits health wise still just ignores you.

I tried to give advice about cage size, neutering, vacc's and pairing and not a single bit of it was even taken in.
Hello pair of unneutered males in a small hutch :roll: Kept on sawdust and with a member of the household who said "I wouldn't pay for rabbit vet bills, let them die".

:censored:

You can but try.

Unfortunately your advice has fallen on deaf ears.

The poor little bunnies.:cry::cry:

Please though don't be so disheartened as to never try to help again. Either with these bunnies or with others.

Some people just don't care.

Whilst others.......................REALLY, REALLY do!!!!:D

I've owned bunnies for over 17 years and have cared for others peoples' bunnies for 10 years. Believe you me, there are good, caring folk out there.

It is a shame about these bunnies.........but you tried. Well done.

I feel the same about people. There is a situation at the moment where I feel I could do some damage verbally but choosing to be the bigger person.. :evil: It's always about animals :roll: because it's totally normal to keep a parrot in a BUDGIE CAGE :evil: oh yes.. I have seen the pictures :evil: .. for at least another week while the parrot cage is being delivered.. because buying a parrot on a whim while unprepared is just ..:thumb:

****holes :evil: you can only but try! Some people will never listen, they just don't care, which is why they shouldn't have pets in the first place :censored:

:(

I heard one of my friends say they would ask me for advice because if they were looking after them wrong I would kick their ****. I'm not sure if I'm happy they're scared of me or not. :lol:

It's so hard having to watch animals suffer simply because it's not socially acceptable to push advice on people. :( If only animal's weren't seen as "property", then you could take them and rehome them to somebody who would actually care and know what they were doing.

:( For god's sake. I bet they were given loads of veg :censored: People are obsessed with giving rabbits veg, either that or he's a very sick bunny and if she isn't willing to take him to the vet then he won't last long. :cry:

Well, considering she said that the people that bred them never gave them hay I don't hold out much hope

OK they didn't take your advice,

Doesn't mean there not going to be cared for.

Personally I don't think that being trapped in a tiny hutch with another rabbit that they'll fight with, extremly poor diet and a complete lack of vet care is being cared for

How can the breeder not even know how to care for rabbits :censored:

I dread to think of the problems these bunnies will get just because some idiot breeder can't even be bothered to care for them properly.

I have to admit, B&B were my first buns and I wasn't very clued up (as some of you know I started them on a mainly pellet diet :shock:)

But the first thing I did was go on this forum and soak up any advice I could get! If I was lucky enough to know someone like you, who has a huge knowledge on rabbits etc, I would have been bugging you for information constantly! (Like I have been with everyone on here :lol:)

I don't understand why people don't want what's best for their pets :?

I have to admit, B&B were my first buns and I wasn't very clued up (as some of you know I started them on a mainly pellet diet :shock:)

But the first thing I did was go on this forum and soak up any advice I could get! If I was lucky enough to know someone like you, who has a huge knowledge on rabbits etc, I would have been bugging you for information constantly! (Like I have been with everyone on here :lol:)

I don't understand why people don't want what's best for their pets :?

I was the same! I was stupid and bought Fiver from a pet shop (although in my opinion was a "good" pet shop) and I didn't have a clue about bunnies! Fortunately the pet shop owner had a bunny that hopped round the shop called Buddy :love: and he told me the basics. I'd owned bunnies before but only when I was younger and I never had much to do with them since they were outdoor bunnies. This forum has helped me so much and I too can't understand why you wouldn't want to do the best you can for an animal in your care. :/ It completely baffles me how people can be ignorant ON PURPOSE.

I agree with everything said so far. It is such a shame that people take on animals, whatever animal that may be, with the deliberate intention (as far as I'm concerned) of not caring for them properly.
You wouldn't just feed a german shepherd processed ham and sit it in a puppy cage all day so why give your rabbit a poor diet and force it to live in a tiny hutch for it's whole life?

I have a friend with two rabbits, 'rescued' from someone else. He asked me the other day how long rabbits lived for, and when I said, depending on the breed and their general health they could happily live until 8, he rolled his eyes at me and said "I hoped they'd die soon". They're only 3. Poor things live in their hutch all day, no stimulation, no toys, no run, just access to the garden for an hour in the evening, no hay, no vaccs/vet trips and no interaction with their owners apart from being plonked on grass. All of this even though they have been to my house and seen how much space Stephen has, how frequent his vet visits are, how much hay he has, how many toys and how much stimulation and interaction he has with me etc, and me giving them advice. I despair.

Hi, tis sad but like some folk have said, we mustn't give up because of the welfare of the rabbits.

I read a lovely tale on here about a lady who lent her run to the neighbours who werent bonding with their rabbit and kept it in a hutch all day. Her kind act meant the neighbours started playing with their rabbit and then investing time/money in it. Not suggesting we all have the generosity/ability to lend out runs but perhaps an unused toy? The key thing i think is that the owners have to fall in love and a simple combing of fur with a soft toothbrush could build that bond

Back