• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny room revamping project!

smudgiebun

Alpha Buck
Weeee! So I've just ordered some more storage cubes so I can make a wall to block off half of the room the buns cage is currently in. It's part of our "revamp the spare room into a proper bunny room" project :lol:

At the moment the buns live in their cage in the spare room. The cage is basically two ferplast 120 cages put together to make a square. But even though they get out of the cage every day, they do have to stay in while we are not home. Smudge is pretty relaxed about this, but Chewbacca does NOT like the arrangement at all and we've been paying for our poor housing choice by bar rattling every morning, and anytime we shut the cage after it being opened.

So this is going to change!! We're going to get rid of one of the cages and leave just one as a litter/eating area, and then give them just over HALF a room to roam free in :D The other half is the "computer area" which I am going to block off properly with a good sturdy wall made out of these wire squares.

At the moment we have a half arsed wall which Smudge is perfectly capable of jumping over if we weren't supervising her at all times.

I hope this goes well... I'm gonna somehow have to secure this wall to the actual room wall/skirting board, and also make a "door" in it so we can get to the computer area. The buns are going to love it though, I can't wait!:love:

It sounds as if it going to be wonderful. Best of luck.

Lucky Smudge and Chewbacca.:thumb:

You do realise though that photos of finished room + bunnies will need to be posted.:thumb:

Thank you :) And of course there shall be pictures, I should probably do some before & afters actually :)

I just had a word with Chewie... I asked him if he liked the idea, and said I hope he doesn't switch the bar rattling to digging at the door instead... he just winked at me :lol:

We could also give them free run of the hall with this revamping!

Back