• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poo question (sorry!)

Mattie_G

Mama Doe
Hi,

Just got our new addition to the family, Falon, on Friday. She is an 11 week old French lop doe, who is, as I type this, grooming D'Argo's head :)

She seems to be settling okay but I notice that she has done a poo which is a bit soft and a little stringy - there are a cluster of three stuck together. I wonder if this is down to her new experience of coming to live with us, coupled with the change in diet (we have been mixing in 50% of her food with 50% of ours?) She has been going out in the pen but the grass is extremely short at the moment so she hasn't been into the main garden except once briefly when she charged in and I wasn't quick enough so she may have eaten some richer grass then.

I have been keeping her off veggies etc until she is a bit older. They aren't runny, just a bit sticky.

I was planning to take her to the vets tomorrow pm for quick once over anyway as her front feet stick out in an interesting way (looks like a ballet dancer standing in pose). I'm not sure if this is normal for a French Lop?

I will post a link to some photos of the buns so you can see if interested.

Thanks in advance.

Mattie x.

It sounds like it might be fur sticking them together. Does it look like it could be? sometime buns ingest fur when they're moulting. She might be moulting a little more from changing environments. If it is she probably just needs a good brush. :)

Thanks, that is a bit reassuring :) I think they do feel a little bit soft and slimy that is all.

I am so paranoid at the moment after losing two lovely bunnies in a row :-( I want her to be okay.

I'm not a bunny poo expert, but my bun has that sometimes - I agree with Jenova, I think it's just fur they ingest when cleaning themselves. Give your bun a good brush/cuddle :)

Back