• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dexter is at the emergency vets/ He's gone

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(

It doesn't look good, Steve has taken him for an appointment at 4pm

dexter has been battling his breathing problems since August last year, we have tried every treatment and loads of diagnostics. He stopped breathing under GA 3 weeks ago and it was a struggle to get him back. But nothing has worked or told us what is wrong with Dexter.

Last week he developed uveitis in his right eye and it appeared to be responding well to treatment.

Today I went out to do his meds and his breathing was awful. I have heard it that bad before and it can improve on its own within hours but this time it was much more rapid. He also didn;t struggle when I did his meds which is weird. We left him to settle and been checking on him regularly but couldn't put our finger on what was wrong besides his usually bad breathing.

But this afternoon he has deteriorated and something neurological is going on. His legs are no co-ordinated, he doesn't seem to be aware of were he is, he is bumping into things, he is also straining to wee with little coming out :? His breathing his much more rapid than usual and his lungs are full of fluid :(

Despite being ill for so long with his breathing he has never been ill in himself before. Dexter is a beautiful strong bunny, but this afternoon he is a shadow of himself, it is very sad to see :cry::cry:

I am not holding up much hope and have said my good byes just in case, but please could I have a few vibes for our beautiful boy in the hopes that I might get to see his face again x

Last edited:
It was 100% neurological and Dexter had gone completely blind :cry::cry:

He was never a cuddle bun, but was a truly magnificent bunny to watch :love: Sleep tight gorgeous boy xx

P1020652.jpg

P1020682.jpg

So very sorry to hear about Dexter. Rest easy at the Bridge little bun xxx

Sorry too that you are having such a hard time of late. Thinking of you xx

Thank you xxx

We have now lost 4 bunnies in 9 days so you can imagine how we must be feeling. We have fought really had for all of them of them over recent months. We always hoped at the start that we could maybe fix them, and when we found this wasn't the case we tried our best to give them as long as possible as comfortable as possible.

In the past when we have gone through tough times like this, there have been rumours started about the quality of care we give our rabbits :( If that happens again I really don't care as nothing could make me fell any worse than I do already as each one of these bunnies was a part of our family. Every one had all the diagnostics possible, each had every available treatment/operation available to them regardless of cost. We did everything the vet and ourselves could do for each and every one and our hearts are broken into a million pieces that we have had to say goodbye to each one of them too :cry::cry:

Back