• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any ideas ? Mr Bennett won't come out of his open hutch.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Firstly I want to ask, will he remember me ? I have been away as long as I had him. Where as Cutie-pie does seem to remember me, but I could be wrong.

Yesterday he came out and run about.

Today I opened the door between the 2 of them, something James never did since they have been unbonded, could it be that. Although Cutie-pie is still in her hutch.

Could it be the disruption, noise, cleaning and all the stuff I have on the floor, although he hasn't seen it.

He might just be sleepy. My buns both sleep through most of the day and perk up in the evening. They've been known to stay in an open hutch all day out of choice. :)

Mine usually come out at around quart to five on a morning till about half 6 they go back into their run/house themselves and won't come back out till about 6/7 pm even though I open the house/pens around 3pm they stay asleep they then take their selves back inside about 9pm :)

Hunny, it could be he has his own routine now, you were gone for some time, hes probably just not used to you being there doing things, and Used to him and James having man time :lol:
Give him 2-3 days he will back to eating your furniture... count your lucky stars hes not lunging at your toes and chasing you out your own bedroom:lol::thumb:

Back