• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

9 babies, all in the time it takes to have a cup of coffee !

summerleaze

Warren Scout
I took in a heavily pregnant rabbit a week or so ago and thankfully she settled quickly before having her babies.

I checked on her and I could see she had started in labour so went and put the kettle on. Drank my coffe and peeked in to see if she was ok and she had finished giving birth and was cleaning herself up, what an amazing mummy. Nature is very clever.

She has two nests on the go and all are ok so far, I'm not 100% sure of numbers but time will tell.

All the babies will be available for adoption at a later date, I'm in the Devon area. So far we have a mix of black or pink/black wriggly babies.

647.jpg

I've called her Olive, she's very sweet with an enormous appetite ;)

Have you raised kits before?

No, I have rescued and rehomed a few rabbits but as a guinea pig rescue I don't as a rule take in rabbits :roll:

Fortunately Olive hasn't had any complications so far. I've had lots of experience though of cat kittens born here and of course piggies too.

An unwanted cat that came in last week heavily pregnant gave birth last night to two sweet little black and white kittens, one boy, one girl.

So I've got lots of babies to coo over at the moment here at Little Brambles :) Black and white is obviously the theme for this year !!! :lol:

What a pretty mummy! Bunnies do everything quick, just you wait there will be a hoard of miniature cuties bouncy round out the nest a few more cups of coffee down the line.

Just thought I would update on the baby buns........ my o my, they are adorable. Olive is being a wonderful mummy and I'm sure her lovely nature will pass on to her babies too. They are all gorgeous of course and many a happy hour is spent just watching them. They are all very friendly and tame and getting cheekier every day.

Here are my eight bundles of loveliness :love: There are five all black and three black/white English X

225480x360.jpg

237480x360.jpg

266480x360.jpg

277480x360.jpg

just thought i would update on the baby buns........ My o my, they are adorable. Olive is being a wonderful mummy and i'm sure her lovely nature will pass on to her babies too. They are all gorgeous of course and many a happy hour is spent just watching them. They are all very friendly and tame and getting cheekier every day.

Here are my eight bundles of loveliness :love: There are five all black and three black/white english x

225480x360.jpg

237480x360.jpg

266480x360.jpg

277480x360.jpg

cuteness overload *boooom*

Aw those pictures have just made my day and believe me Ive had a rotten day so its lovely to see all these little cuties

Back