• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes needed...daisy not eating :( U/D p11!

Thanks all...she has quite a big build up of gas :( they have kept her and poppy in for obs and she has had some metaclop and metacam and is about to have some recovery fluids...

The vets just rang...i love my vets! :love:

She took P&D home with her (just round corner from surgery) and put them into a dog crate so they had a little more room to move about...she asked what I fed them normally before i left and i said fresh herbs, apple sticks and leaves, hay and a couple of pellets etc (I think the kale may have been to blame for this bout :cry: ) and Julie has just rung to say that she got them some apple wood and leaves from her garden and gave them some fresh dill and daisy has nommed a fair bit and also some hay :thumb: she has also had some supreme recovery food...

She is keeping them for another couple of hours and then is going to bring them to me at home to save me hauling the kids back out again :thumb:

YAY im so relieved!! :D

Thank you, the vet dropped them back at tea time and daisy is back to her normal self again :love: Nomming hay and drinking nicely! Im wondering if it was the kale so i wont be feeding that again...back to strictly fresh herbs! :thumb: Just so glad that she is feeling much better :)

She has pooped and I know its her since they are small black poops but lots of them so I will be outside this morning checking the litter trays! :thumb:

On another note they are moulting quite alot at the moment and Im wondering if that could have contribted :?

I'm glad she's feeling better :) You have a really nice vet too!!

Hair could definitely be a problem, along with not enough hay - I believe they need MORE hay when they are moulting to help the guts moving so the hair can pass through?

Have you noticed any stringy poops? When Smudge was ill with similar symptoms, she eventually passed a few large stringy poops.

Back