• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few Oz wildlife favourites and 2 special ones

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Oooops still on Aussie hours.

540792_10150656028802087_551927086_9470491_1783508052_n.jpg

524471_10150814270502087_551927086_9744238_929652229_n.jpg

427816_10150814296822087_551927086_9744339_1034294820_n.jpg

My oldest friends dad at 85 in the Anzac march with grandson

You missed a pic, so I think you might be coming round to UK time again. :p

Is the first picture a kookaburra?

You missed a pic, so I think you might be coming round to UK time again. :p

Is the first picture a kookaburra?

It is a kookaburra. A family of 5 in my mates garden and one was so tame and easy to get close up to. Photobucket froze so the other 2 I can't upload.

:love: I love Australia wildlife! There's so many neat birds there especially. When i travel abroad Australia is one of the first countries I'll be visiting :love:

:love: I love Australia wildlife! There's so many neat birds there especially. When i travel abroad Australia is one of the first countries I'll be visiting :love:

You would love the birds. They are everywhere, especially the white cockatoos. Even the cities. Boy they make sooooooo much noise and stay together in large groups. You can hear them screeching from a few miles away as they fly in closer.

I can vouch for the noise the Cockatoos make. Every dusk well over a hundred of them come in to roost in the trees around our place.:roll:

Kookaburras are awesome. For the first 10 years we lived in our current house there was a vacant lot next door full of trees and the Kookas came around to be hand fed. One who we always thought to be the alpha female would bring each year's new young around to kind of introduce them. She would fly onto our window sill and tap on the glass to get attention and then stare at the refrigerator because she knew that was were the meat was. She would allow us to stroke her and would sit on our arms and shoulders while she ate. :love:

I can vouch for the noise the Cockatoos make. Every dusk well over a hundred of them come in to roost in the trees around our place.:roll:

Kookaburras are awesome. For the first 10 years we lived in our current house there was a vacant lot next door full of trees and the Kookas came around to be hand fed. One who we always thought to be the alpha female would bring each year's new young around to kind of introduce them. She would fly onto our window sill and tap on the glass to get attention and then stare at the refrigerator because she knew that was were the meat was. She would allow us to stroke her and would sit on our arms and shoulders while she ate. :love:

That is amazing, what intelligent birds. The kookaburras are one of my favourite birds.

They were used to my friends brother, as he fed them raw mince, but wary of me for a few days. I think this must be one of the parents. I managed to get so many amazing photos of this one, a very cute one looking down the lens at me.

553895_10150656025437087_551927086_9470490_288984118_n.jpg

Last edited:
Love that photo.:love:

I really like parrots but Kookaburras are also high on my list of favourites. They live in complex extended family groups where the juveniles play a big part in the care of their younger siblings.

You would love the birds. They are everywhere, especially the white cockatoos. Even the cities. Boy they make sooooooo much noise and stay together in large groups. You can hear them screeching from a few miles away as they fly in closer.

The cockatoos used to drive me mad when I lived with my mum and dad. They would sit in the tree outside my bedroom at dawn and make the most awful noise :) They also like to steal the passionfruit that grow in the garden.

Back