• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much?

ellejo

Young Bun
Just wondering how much time you spend with your rabbits a day? also do you bring outdoor bunnies inside for cuddles?

Usually at least 4-5 hours some days longer, as I work at home sometimes and at the weekends if I'm at home they come in. Yes I bring my outdoor bunnies inside.

It varies a lot. Sometimes just a few minutes a day so I can feed them and make sure they're being themselves, sometimes it's all day.

I don't generally bring outdoor bunnies in. In the winter the temperature difference would be too much so I wrap up and go out, in the summer I'm quite happy to go and sit in the shed.

The only time I bring them in is if their nails need clipping, because if their in their own environment they just leap away from me. Indoors they're a little stressed so will generally let me do what I want.:oops:

They get fed, watered, hutch and run cleaned daily, moved to their run (and moved back at night), checked to see they are healthy and eating, and that's about it. I work full time so only get to spend around half an hour to an hour most every day.

Although they don't get a great deal of human contact, they are friendly and happy, they just get to be bunnies. And no, they don't come inside for cuddles either.

Pretty much all day :D We work from home and spend pretty much all day in the sitting room, which is where their greenhouse is! If we are active and moving about the house or a particularly busy they stay locked up but if we're doing more pc based stuff they free range in the sitting room, normally at least 7 hours a day - a rabbit hopping across the laptop keyboard can cause havoc on an excel document, and a pile of differently sized flat packed boxes leaning against a wall make an excellent climbing frame!:love::love::love:

Although they don't get a great deal of human contact, they are friendly and happy, they just get to be bunnies.
Same here. I know no one has said anything in this thread but it's come up before and I don't think it makes you a bad owner if you don't get to, or don't want to, spend much time with your rabbits.
Part of the reason I got rabbits is because I know they're quite content to be left to their own devices and if I didn't fancy going out there in winter they really wouldn't care :)

Same here. I know no one has said anything in this thread but it's come up before and I don't think it makes you a bad owner if you don't get to, or don't want to, spend much time with your rabbits.
Part of the reason I got rabbits is because I know they're quite content to be left to their own devices and if I didn't fancy going out there in winter they really wouldn't care :)

I completely agree. as long as the rabbits have other rabbit companions, they are probably quite happy to be left well alone. :)

Everything BattleKat and LionheadLover have said.

I have 9 outdoor buns and currently 2 indoor buns. I want the indoor ones outside but Daisy has dysautanomia and quite frequently has fits if she gets stressed, so we are having to take the move very slowly as she also has mini seizures if I pick her up. Even so, they don't get tonnes of cuddles, I let them come to me, they normally check if I have any food and then hop off. Sometimes Daisy will run up and have some nose rubs, but if you try to give Snoopy nose rubs he runs off flicking his feet at me in disgust!! :lol:

Pretty much all the time except when I'm at work. They are house buns. I even had Pebs in bed with me till 2:30 this morning ( not normal, but he'd had a dental between 2 and 3 yesterday afternoon, and was still dopey). I tried putting them in the shed & run, but it was constantly raining and I missed having them at my feet all the time.

depends on whats happening on the day really sometimes i only see them to feed and clean but when they have bonded it wont matter as much since they have each other for company but until then i try to see them when i can :D

Freddy comes inside a few days a week for an hour or so, and I see him for a minute when I feed him in the morning. I find it difficult to be outside with him because they only place I can sit where he can come up to me is in the run, but he doesn't come out of his hutch. When he is inside he is a lot more friendly.

When I'm not at work I can spend up to 15/16 hours a day with Stevie, he free ranges downstairs and as that is where everything is apart from the bathroom and bedroom, if I don't have to go anywhere he stays with me all day :)
If I have to go to work, it is only maybe 4-5 hours, but my partner will spend that amount of time with him too so he doesn't get too lonely.

about an 2-3 hours a day with out doors rabbits, i like to do 3 sweeps of the run to be sure no poops and wees get stuck in the lions fur, and to make sure none of them randomly die on me (become a little obessesed with this, i even stare at them out the bedroom window for hours without realising)

Poppet i spend most my day with just to be sure she isnt lonely although when she has a partner i wont feel i should be there quite as often as i am now

As much as I can. I leave the house at 8am and get home at 6am, but my OH gets home at 4.45 ish and lets them out of their hutch to have a run around. I try and handle them as much as I can during the evening, they love their cuddles :)

Back