• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are you Batty for your Bunnies?

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
What do you do for them that other people find a little eccentric? Like me, I grow dandelions on my bedroom windowsill! :oops:

Your turn! :D

Twice a day I go out and cut the grass with scissors :lol: not told anyone about that though, other than my family. Before we got it to twice a day and got a better system, it would be every 2-3 hours, including all through the night :lol:

Apparently housing rabbits in my bedroom is a bit odd. I think not going to sleep with the sound of hay munching is a bit odd.

Probably just about everything! :lol: Sadly most people I know think more about the 'traditional' way of looking after rabbits (ie small hutches) :( But most people find me not going out when it's their tea time, or making sure I'm back in time, odd and that I rearranged my bedroom to make things better for Boris.

Apparently housing rabbits in my bedroom is a bit odd. I think not going to sleep with the sound of hay munching is a bit odd.

:lol: I find this too, and the sound of a frogs filter and ratties shredding newspaper :love:

My boyfriend has said it's nuts how much I can remember about what plants they eat, what housing they need and rabbit health stuff when I can't remember his birthday or his phone number.:oops:

I've had people tell me my housing is over the top, but I think that's just traditional views of pet rabbits.

I grow weeds and grass in my back garden...
I've given up my bedroom to them and now sleep in the attic. I've given up having a car and a life to pay for vet bills.

Twice a day I go out and cut the grass with scissors :lol: not told anyone about that though, other than my family. Before we got it to twice a day and got a better system, it would be every 2-3 hours, including all through the night :lol:

How do you do it now? I'm still at the 'cutting grass every 2-3 hours' stage - even in the pouring rain - with Bubbles. :oops:

How do you do it now? I'm still at the 'cutting grass every 2-3 hours' stage - even in the pouring rain - with Bubbles. :oops:

We gather it in two los (am and pm) and put it in snappy bags with some water and shake the water around every so often. Keeps it fresh.

Aaaah, thanks. :thumb: I'll give that a go - that way I hopefully might not get so wet if I can time my grass-cutting inbetween showers. :lol::lol:

The fact that I have 4 rabbits seems mad to most people...then when I tell them they all run around the house and have chewed my leather settee, they think I'm totally crazy. Then adopting a rabbit and paying nearly £500 on him the first week to have a tumor removed and resultant hernia repaired, and paying for vaccinations, and twice yearly dental fees....well, you can imagine what most people say to me!

Oh yes...I also cut grass with scissors, especially now I can't put them outside. And also bought them an 8x6 shed and built them a walk in run for the summer ...people say to me, "so why are they in the house then?"" try explaining to non-bunny lovers that you miss them not being under your feet :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
I grow weeds, trays of grass, have a purpose built "love shack"and run, check litter trays for poo,come home in my lunch sometimes to check on em, chat to them,spend lots of money on em, worry about em and spend lots of time with em. everybody i know think Im crazy and should get a life but i wouldn't have it any other way.I LOVE MY BUNNIES

Most of my friends think it is strange that I walk along the tow path picking dandelions, clover, cow parsley, dock leaves and grass. They also seem to find it strange that the herb plants on the windowsill are not for people consumption and that Stevie lives indoors! They also seem to think it's weird that I take him to the vets and have him insured....can't say I'm particularly happy about the conditions their pet rabbits are in... :(

Most of my friends think it is strange that I walk along the tow path picking dandelions, clover, cow parsley, dock leaves and grass. They also seem to find it strange that the herb plants on the windowsill are not for people consumption and that Stevie lives indoors! They also seem to think it's weird that I take him to the vets and have him insured....can't say I'm particularly happy about the conditions their pet rabbits are in... :(

i also agree with the vets and insurance my friends are the same as yours

Oh my gosh I thought I was the only one who went outside armed with the scissors!!

My grass is about 2 ft tall in some places at the mo, I just grab a few handfulls along with some other wild treats and give it to them like that. They love it! Am I missing something?!

Back