• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby food for Pebble

Claire_r

Warren Scout
She lost weight again poor thing, the vet told us to try give herbaby food. Is there any that people on here recommend ? Or just any baby food ok for her?
Thank you

Ive never fed any of mine baby food, but have been pretty lucky with them all so far.

How about an apple sauce baby food, baby food veggies.

Ellas I think is a pure one, obviously only veg or fruit ones.

Do you have any Oxbow critical care that you could give her while she is recovering. Mine seem to like it, the fine blend and also the green packet one.

I think you can also puree your own veg but maybe someone more knowledgable could confirm that.

Thank you :)
we got her some vegetable one and we only gave her a tiny bit but that tiny bit went in seconds :D she loves it hehe.

we will try her with a little bit more tonight, but not too much as she is still around the same weight and i dont want her to get an upset tummy again but hopefully she hasnt had a poorly tum yet so fingers crossed she will just keep putting on weight and be all healthy :thumb:

We had the Ella stuff for Poppy. Strawberry and something.. was her favourite but we didn't give her too much of them. We tried syringing her food more but gave her baby food as a nice tasty thing after he 2 lots of medicine :)

I think the one we got was Ella baby food. Yeah we dont want to give her too much of it but the vet said try her with a little bit if she loses weight again which she did but not as much as before. We are feeding Pebble and Flint seperate for the time being as well because he was just hoovering all the pellets up :shock:and Pebble wasnt getting any, probably why she lost weight again.

Never thought of baby food? Do you think it could be used to give medications rather than syringing?

She's just eaten a couple of small spoon fulls, Any idea how much we should give her? She seems to love it as it goes in seconds, i'll post a picture of her tomato face after she'd finished :lol:

I use Ella's as well

Here they like

Carrot, parsnip and apple (?)
Apple
Pear
Banana
Banana and strawberry
Banana and apple

and we also use some hipp ones as well which are yummy and also some organic pot ranges too.

Pear and pineapple
pear, apple and raspberry
pear, apple and banana
Red berries and apple
apple and cranberry

I use it for meds, to encourage syringe training, to build up and supplement our weakling Hay Monster and also i mix it with 2 parts BBF and 1 part water and use it to hydrate him too because he doesn't drink for himself.

Others just love it.

How much roughly do you give them? We have given her 2 baby spoons of it but I'm not sure if or how much more we can give her. She does love it though :D

I think if you need to give her more then you should increase the amount slowly over a two week period as her stomach is quite sensitive. Maybe up to the size of a little bowlful? I think As long as she is eating her her normal food and hay and this is an extra that's fine, but if you give her so much she stops eating the normal stuff then that's bad. That's just my opinion though.

Also I've got a recipe for home made baby food I've used on so many occasions which goes down really well with bunnies and the chinchillas.

I make up porridge oats with water and some copped apple and banana in a pan and cook it for a while. Then I puree it with a blender and let it cool down.
That keeps for a couple of days in the fridge too.

Back