• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suggestions 4 quick wild flowers RABBIT NUTRITION

kat031181

Alpha Buck
Hi there bought mallow and forget me knots as well as wild grasses mix last year and Smudge is loving the results but we are lacking abit of colour any thoughts on wild flowers that i can add that are quick growing he eats A LOT but loves them!!!!

SAM_0244.jpg

One happy little bunster x

Last edited:
campanula grows everywhere and anywhere and you can get a few different colours.
herb robert gets little pink flowers and grows quite quickly.
nasturtiums are colourful grow quickly
hollyhock takes a while to grow I think but it comes in a lot of colours, grows tall and is quite pretty.
lavender is good, and you could get a flowering thyme.

you could also try non-flowering herbs with different coloured leaves for a bit of variety. Variegated lemonbalm is pretty, and you can get cream oreganos and lemon thymes (lemon thyme is the most delicious smelling thing I've ever had near a nostril).

ETA: just thought I'd mention, I think that's a bluebell in your photo and I'm pretty sure those aren't bunny safe. I just spent ages digging them out of my garden in case the buns decided to have a nibble. Such a shame as they're so pretty.

:love: Lovely photo of smudge, must come and meet him. Yep, looks like bluebell (if you take any bulbs out I will take them off your hands - my Mum's favourite ;) )

I was hoping to do some baskets this year so will watch this thread.

Thank you for the reply will get some of those had forgotton about nastursrum i did seed them last year and Kitten ate tons of them! The mallow is really pretty thats just started to flower this weekend

The pic was taken earlier in the yr before he was spending much time outside it was a very sparsly flowering hyacynith he didnt bother with it so let it flower then have since dug it out to dry will plant it inside next year but thanks for noticing x

Sandra your very welcome its yr in August he has been here so will prob have a little party for him

For pots ive put in Salvia, Bizzy Lizzys and geraniums but he would eat them to the ground if they were if beds but doing well in tall pots!!!!!!

Back