• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My brother is terrified of the rabbits.

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone else has family members who are terrified of their furries? Archies come in for a cuddle and a glass of wine so is sat on the sofa with me cheering me up. My brother is sat at the other end of the sofa terrified every time Archie goes near him. He went to rest his paws on his knee and he nearly shot out the door :lol:

Strange child. He's fifteen as well!

A friend of a friend is terrified of rabbits. I don't really know her so I don't know why but always presumed that she maybe had a childhood rabbit that lived in the traditional 3feet hutch with no company and went for the human who came with food once a day. I suppose as a child if that was what you saw, you probably wouldn't look beyond it for an explanation. You would just be frightened of them for life.

Funny, its never occurred to me to be frightened of them but then I only ever had one biter. She made up for the rest though :lol::lol::lol:

When I was very small (2-4ish) my mum had 2 buns. I was always terrified of them and wouldnt go near their hutch/run especially if they were out. I'm not sure why I was so scared I never got bitten or anything but I did have an older sister and brother who liked to wind me up so I expect it was them saying they would bite. It wasnt until I was in my mid twenties that I realised how lovely bunnies really are :love:

I work in mental health and do home visits and I was sooooo excited when I did a first visit to a client and spied a house bunny penned off in the corner. She had penned him off as she thought I may be freaked out by a rabbit free ranging indoors. I was soon having bunny cuddles. Duke(the bunny)was a great ice-breaker:D

My cousin used to be. I don't know if she is any more, I never thought to ask. Lopsie used to free range in the garden when we were out. He was very friendly and used to run up to people to demand snuggles. She would run away from him. And he'd chase her. :lol:

Love that bunny. Miss him.

I spent about two hours sitting on the floor with a friend of mine who was scared of rabbits but determined to overcome her fear. She did really well and even managed to pick Loki up a couple of times. She tried to pick Thor up too but I think he could sense her discomfort and ran away from her, climbed up onto my lap and demanded snuggles from me instead :love::love::love:

I knew someone once who had a bad phobia of rabbits because a load of them got into a lift with him and started nibbling at his cape and everything.

My sister is terrified of Boris, but that's because he hates her :lol: He always attacks her and growls at her unless she has food :lol:

My sister used to be scared of buns until she joined me in a volunteer role at the local SSPCA. Even then she was still a bit nervous until she got to choose and adopt her own wonderful bunny Mithril who has sadly since passed. But now she is a pro at handling buns :lol:

Back