• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny safe string?

xlaurax

Mama Doe
:wave:

I've got some stick type things [here] and I'm wanting to tie a couple of bunches around the wire on the hutch. Try and encourage B&B to gnaw on those rather than their actual hutch :lol:

They will chew on the string / maybe take it apart etc. Want to make sure it's bunny safe and as secure as possible! Is normal postage string ok?

I use seagrass twine, which is bunny safe :thumb:

Also, you may be better getting fresh willow, rather than the commercial dry stuff (which according to my buns and piggies, isn't tasty!)

I get willow twigs from here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-Pure-Willow-Wood-Pet-Chew-Sticks-10-Rabbit-Hamster-Chinchilla-Parrot-/150817970538?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item231d73996a

They do seem more expensive, but you get 100 sticks there, whereas in the other pack there looks to be about 10. That seller also sells apple and hazel sticks too :thumb:

Back