• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Marbles had her operation

couchy

Young Bun
yep it all went well she have got to go back in monday just for a check up :) she have had a drink but im still trying to get her to eat
the vets did tell me about her eating and using a syringe to mulch her food

so here are some pix of her in her cage with all nice and warm bedding :)

aokkyw.jpg

577255_394341197282881_100001210137781_1252899_693382165_n.jpg

562468_394341297282871_100001210137781_1252900_1100021921_n.jpg

yea i have tried her with everything even a buiscut and she still wont eat she is drinking though but im finding it hard now so ill have to mush up her nuggets with water and try and syringe it, how can u do it without her trying to bite :)

yea i have tried her with everything even a buiscut and she still wont eat she is drinking though but im finding it hard now so ill have to mush up her nuggets with water and try and syringe it, how can u do it without her trying to bite :)

Load up the syringe and poke it into the corner of the mouth, but at a diagonal so that it's facing the back, towards the spine. Marbles should start chomping on the syringe (you may need to wiggle it a bit) and you can slowly press the plunger. The chewing means they should swallow it instead of breathing it in, which is why you also need to do it slowly.

I had a very fiesty bunny who I had to syringe feed. I knelt on the carpet and squished the bunny between my knees - gently obviously! Then you can bend forward over bunny and syringe feed. If you have help someone can hold her instead but I was often on my own and this way worked fine. If you have a bitey bunny you may get a few nips on the thighs to begin with but they soon settle down :wave:

If she continues not eating you need to phone your vet as rabbits who don't eat can get very ill very quickly. Did your vet give her pain relief after her op?

thank you for the tip :)
marbles is eating and she at at 2:00am that morning she ate a carrot and her hay :) the vet did give her pain relief her check up is tomorrow but i have noticed with marbles that she will eat everything else but not her pellet food, she loved it before she had her op and now she wont even touch it but she is eating tho, and because she is in a cage now im my room, she is still very timid and not tame enough and when i went to clean her dropping from by her she bit me on the finger :( i didnt bleed and didnt break the skin but it was a hard nip as if to say "GET OFF IM WARNING YOU!" type o well :(

as far as lexi is concerned she is amazing :) she lets me hold her comes up to me when i call her and just is generally a happy rabbit :)

Back