• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sugar has just had a lump removed. Now waiting for analysis

Tracy

Warren Veteran
Sugar had a lump on her stomach removed this morning. It's near one of her teats and is fairly small. The initial thought was that it could be an abscess.

My vet has just phoned to say there was some pus, but beneath this there was a lump with white threads leading away from it. :cry: She has cut out the lump and removed all the threads as much as can be seen by the naked eye. The tissue has been sent to the lab for analysis. My vet explained the different things it could be, but I'm now in such a state that I can't remember half of what my vet told me and it's all become confused in my head. :cry:

Sugar is only just coming round from the anaesthetic, she's come through the actual op OK and will be able to come home later today. From what my vet has said, I think my poor girl has quite a large wound on her stomach.

Sugar is 4 years old. She's a Fat Fluff bunny and was spayed when she was a year old, just before I adopted her. When I discovered the lump I thought about the possibility of a mammary tumour, but with her being spayed when she was young and the fact that she is still a young rabbit, I'd all but dismissed it. I don't know whether it is cancer yet, but I'm so very worried and scared.

If anyone has any spare vibes for Sugar, we'd really appreciate it.

I had a Doe who had to have a total mastectomy due to multiple mammary tumours. They were all malignant BUT the disease had not spread. The Doe (Victoria Meldrew- yes, she was a grump !!) made a full recovery.

Lots of vibes for Sugar xx

Thank you everyone. :wave:

Just off to collect Sugar now, and also little Roo who went with her to keep her company.

She's home. Still a little bit groggy, but she's nibbled a little bit of dried plantain so fingers crossed she'll be munching again soon.

I've got to check her wound later, just to make sure it's still looking OK. Not seen it yet, so I don't know how big it is.

I hope she has a good night of munching and pooping and that the results are not ad bad as you are no doubt worrying they might be.

Back