• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Princess Not Herself ! Some advice would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks !

John Lenegan

Young Bun
Hi Everyone !

My dwarf lop little girl Princess has not long gone 2 years old. Yesterday when I got back from work she didn't rush out to the food bowl when I put her and her partner Shoguns (Also a dwarf lop but a boy and nearly 2) dinner out. This morning again i noticed she is not devouring her food like she normally does. She is eating but not like she normally does. For example she loves a small slither of banana but this morning she ate only half of it slowly and then left the rest, very unlike her! She normally eats hers in a second and then tries to steal Shogun's. She is also much less mobile than she normally is and is allowing me to fuss her a little more as usually she will run off after about 30 seconds.

They are both due their Mixy jabs and I have booked them both in the vets tonight , obviously to make sure Princess is ok and also for them to get their jabs.

Has anyone got any ides of what the problem could be ? I am VERY worried.

Thanks in advance

John

Unfortunately without proper veterinary attention, we can't comment fully, but it could be dental, it could be that her stomach is experiencing issues and she's hurting because of it.

I'd want her to the vets as soon as possible - has she been producing any output that you know of? As whats coming out is as important as whats going in.

I agree, it sounds like a dental issue but it could also be related to her stomach. Any change in behaviour needs to be checked out, especially when it's related to food. I would not get her vaccinated right now. I would get the vet to give her a full check up as soon as possible as these things can escalate quite quickly.

Thanks for the response. I have an appointment at 5pm , i will not get her vaccinated if shes unwell , as I said my primary concern is getting her better. I will get Shogun vaccinated so he can keep her company to the vets.

Her poos seem ok , i will keep your all posted. Thanks again

Just giving an update :

Her teeth seem to be fine but the vet thinks she has some excess gas. She was given some injections to alleviate this ; Meloxidyl, Emeprid and Vetergesic . We have to see how she is and take her back tomorrow.

She just ate a little banana and I will keep coaxing her with food. Do hope she will be ok.

Hope Princess is feeling better now xxx

My girl Frankie had an uncomfortable belly last night, lots of running around helped shift it. Her belly rumbled so loud I thought it was mine!

Back