• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving twice dilemma!

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Can you all give opinions please! I am selling my house and will move into my OH place for a month or so before we buy on together.

I have two pairs of rabbits to move twice! I think it would be easier if they were all together so should I try and bond as a group?

The issues I have are -

Twinkle is shy and has illness issues, she currently lives with sparkle and they get on well.
Pickle and Pootle live together and both are rough and dominant, fighting for food etc.

Would a rough pair not work with my gentle pair, considering twinkle has poorly tummy issues?

Would you keep them as pairs?

I would be tempted to try them together. Worst case, you split them back up again.

Just dunno if it would cause any upset to the already established bonds?

I think I would leave them as they are, especially if one is not 100%, as the rough buns might upset her and set her back. And I would be worried about all of them falling out and having to house 4 singles instead of 2 pairs!! :?

I would probably leave as they are now & if you do want a group use the new territory of a new place to do it on your final move - if you bond now, the moves may upset them, & easier to bond when they in a new place

I wouldn't because the move may unsettle the bond, I think they and you wouldn't know if you were coming or going and you would be on edge worrying about them. Moving home is strssful enough without having to worry about a difficult bonding.

It's nice to see you btw! :wave: was thinking about you the other day!

I wouldn't because the move may unsettle the bond, I think they and you wouldn't know if you were coming or going and you would be on edge worrying about them. Moving home is strssful enough without having to worry about a difficult bonding.

It's nice to see you btw! :wave: was thinking about you the other day!

Awww thanks! I have been so busy!

Mum diagnosed with breast cancer so had trips to london for radiotherapy, operation last week, on the mend now hopefully. Made redundant, new job, selling house, buying house, moving in with partner!

It's all go! But will try to get on here more often now I bought myself an iPad lol x

I'd keep them as they are. Last summer I had to move twice, like you are doing, spending a month in an inbetween place before moving into my new flat, and it unsettled my two. They lost their litter training, were really badly attention seeking all day and night, and got destructive too. I think it would be too much change and stress for them all at once, and may upset both their original and new bonds, especially as the two pairs dont sound all that compatible with each other.

EDIT: If, however, you have a good few months before you move, so you would have time for the bond to get established, or time to rebond each pair if it doesnt work out, then it might be worth considering. But be cautious.

Last edited:
Awww thanks! I have been so busy!

Mum diagnosed with breast cancer so had trips to london for radiotherapy, operation last week, on the mend now hopefully. Made redundant, new job, selling house, buying house, moving in with partner!

It's all go! But will try to get on here more often now I bought myself an iPad lol x

What a lot of things you've got going on! Hope your Mum is ok. Xx

I would leave them as they are now..when you have a final move & they're on netural territory it might be worth trying?
Good luck with the move & I hope your Mum gets the all clear asap. x

Back