• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

vibes for little chesney piggy please u/d p27 + pics

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
he's bloated and his tummy is gurgling aswell. he has lost some weight aswell again.

we're off to the vets in a bit so any vibes appreciated. he looks tired and sorry for himself. my poor little baby. :(

Last edited:
it's not good news. ches has an abnormal lump in his stomach area. the vet said it's not good and he said it could be lesions, an area full of infection, or cancer. he mentioned something about things getting stuck together sometimes inside due to changes. i don't know, i was hysterical by then. :(

ches is now on metacam twice a day, 1/4 ronoxon tablet once a day, and buscopan twice a day if his tummy is gurgling loudly. he also has to be syringe fed if he isn't eating enough aswell, minimum half a sachet of recovery food a da. it's important he doesn't lose anymore weight.

we have to hope that being on medication will shrink the 'lump' and ches will be having xrays/ultrasound etc. we are back at the vets early next week.

if he does have a tumour then what happens depends on whether it is attached to any organs or not. if it's not he can have an op to try and remove it. if it is then... well you know, i can't even type it. :cry:

poor ches. :cry:

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear this. :cry:

You can only do your very best for Chesney. I'm sure he knows that you are. Here's hoping it's the best of those possibilities. x

Very sorry to hear this. :cry:

You can only do your very best for Chesney. I'm sure he knows that you are. Here's hoping it's the best of those possibilities. x

thank you.

ches has had his ronoxon tablet in some mashed apple. he also ate some lettuce and some grass and has nibbled hay aswell. :love: he looks so skinny though. but his eyes are brighter than they were.

i will do everything i can for him x

ches is fairly bright today. his weight has gone from 943g to 953g which is great as he is eating enough to keep stable.

he has just had his 1/4 ronoxon tablet in apple, and his metacam aswell. he nearly took my finger off snatching the apple! :lol:

i know it's probably down to the metacam and meds that he is ok, but aslong as he is feeling well then that is all that matters.

x

ches is fairly bright today. his weight has gone from 943g to 953g which is great as he is eating enough to keep stable.

he has just had his 1/4 ronoxon tablet in apple, and his metacam aswell. he nearly took my finger off snatching the apple! :lol:

i know it's probably down to the metacam and meds that he is ok, but aslong as he is feeling well then that is all that matters.

x

That's wonderful news considering how poorly he has been.

Well done Ches.:love:

Well done also to you for helping him so much.

The world needs more caring folk......................................like you.:thumb:

aw, thanks for the vibes for ches. means alot.

he seems ok again today. weighing him again at 12ish so fingers crossed he has kept stable. he's moving around alot and rumbling. calling me over as usual aswell for shoulder tickles (his fave!) so he seems happy enough.

will update later. x

thanks. x

great news - his weight has gone from 953g to 973g (+20g) :thumb:

he looks great really. you wouldn't know there was anything potentially wrong now. all the meds seem to be helping alot. :thumb:

we're sorting out what day to go to the vets tomorrow so it will be probably tuesday or wednesday i think. then we'll see if the lump has got smaller and try and find out what it is aswell.

i'm just so glad ches is feeling well and he's happy. :love:

weight today -

973g to 981g (+8g)

still doing well. we're at the vets wednesday for his ultrasound so fingers crossed we can find out what this lump mass is.

Good luck for Wednesday. I hope everything turns out OK and he keeps feeling well within himself.

Back