• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help!

lucy24

Mama Doe
went to open HOney and charlies hutch and charlie looked depresed. picked him up and he didnt quirm like usual. put him on the garden table and checked him and he has a bite on the end of each ear! poo rboy! he started to climb up me for cuddles and evey thing! now i dont know what to do. is this a failed bond? or could it be they have been confined to their hutch for a few days as ive been trying to get their shed sorted? i feel sad...

Well, the first port of call would be a vet check because it's currently unknown as to why he is acting rough. For example,, he might be feeling rough so Honey turned on him or even tried to get him going and make him better, or he might be feeling rough related to the bonding.

So first port of call would be the vets.

Can you bring them both somewhere neutral and then see how they interact with each other? That will likely give you a better answer than we can.

well they've been bonded for some time now. they had a blip before and had to separate then rebond as their was a full on fight. :( ive put them in their run and gave them some brocoli and they seem fine now. charlies running around happily:?

It's very possible she is bullying him and causing him to have to stay in one place only in the hutch, so do be careful and watch closely.

well yesturday she was ppestering him by trying to hump him alot-he was getting quite cross- i will watch over the next week but if it continues i might have to separate them:( gunna be a hard decision as i cant imagine Honey going with anyother bunny as she is so feisty. charlie on the otherhand is the soppiest bunny in the world!

Back