• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

really basic question

amysb86

Alpha Buck
how many pellets do you give your buns i give mine a small handful between twice a day and ulimited hay and fruit and veg once a day, but they always seem so hungry am i doing something wrong

- prob a stupid question i just wanted to check im not under feeding them

I asked this recently, I don't think it's a stupid question! :D

I think rabbits are just greedy and always wanting food! As long as they have unlimited good quality hay I think you're fine!

x

how many pellets do you give your buns i give mine a small handful between twice a day and ulimited hay and fruit and veg once a day, but they always seem so hungry am i doing something wrong

- prob a stupid question i just wanted to check im not under feeding them

I feed an eggcupful of pellets each once a day.
Spring greens, herbs etc.
Lots and lots of hay.
They would eat pellets all day if I let them - need to fill up on unlimited good quality hay to keep tums and teeth in good order.

What you're giving sounds fine. I only need to lift a book from the top of Spenser's crate (I store a lot of stuff there) and he thinks he is up on his hind paws expecting noms. :lol:

Bunnies are extremely adorable and extremely greedy:lol:
My buns have unlimited hay which they love. They get an egg cup of pellets when i wake up(makes me feel mean as looks like hardly anything), fresh veg around 4 (they dont even taste it especialy spring greens as it gets chomped within seconds!) then herbs in evening. As soon as they hear my patio door open they are out on back legs with front legs up on run door with the "feed me feed me" look. Like a dog at your feet when your eating!:lol:

I was told by my vet that they don't need pellets at all. But because I have them she said give them ONE EGG CUP each a day.

Back