• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring fever in ill bunnies!

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
:roll:

What are they like? :lol:

Yesterday I had to stop Smoo humping Grim. I mean it was the day after an operation and she has stitches all up her stomach. I'm sure she shouldn't be exerting herself like that. She was determined she wanted to hump him and I had to distract her with brambles....

Today I hear banging above where I'm working and I rush upstairs worried something's fallen. And Grim is humping Smoo. He was really determined too. But I was worried about him pushing her stomach onto the floor. Usually I let them get one with that sort of thing. :lol:

Silly bunsters.

Oh dear mine have started up again only my female has also started doing it to the male after 4 yrs together :(

Oh dear :shock: Boris has been humping Bella a lot when poorly, I think it's to tell her something along the lines of "Don't even think about trying to take over as the dominant bun, even if I'm not feeling great right now I'm STILL THE LEADER HERE" :lol:

This is probably why my vets recommend you keep post op rabbits separate for a couple of weeks.

I would never do that. They have such a strong bond they would be devastated if I split them up and I'm sure it would stop them getting better. Definitely don't agree with your vet. I like then back together as soon as the op is done, but if Grim goes under Smoo has to be kept away until they see him eat otherwise she pigs all his food. :lol:
But they snuggle and clean each other, no I would never separate Grim and Smoo, they're like one bunny. Grimnsmoo! :love:

DSC00557.jpg

Back