• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hawthorn and Bramble ID (pics)

Martin7

Warren Scout
Hi Everyone,

I just went for a walk somewhere where I don't normally go, and noticed it's nice and wild.. but not sure if these are correct, there is a lot of different bushes that seem to have similar shaped leaves to the pics of hawthorn that I've seen.. the flowers are sweetly scented, but I didn't notice any thorns.. Obviously Im not going to give him anything until I completely ID' then but never really picked stuff from the wild before.. there was soo many different types of bush etc and a lot of them quite spikey but very tall...

Hawthorn?

h2.jpg

h1.jpg

Bramble? (ouch)

b2-1.jpg

b1-1.jpg

Thank youu

M

Hi Fruitannutcake..:)

There was so many different types of bush and thorny things, it's amazing how I would never of noticed that before and just sort of ignored them, but now I cant help but explore them lol..

I've looked at various pics and the flowers look like hawthorn and the leaves, but there seems to be quite a variant in size of leaf too. and not sure what deadly nightshades etc..:s

Thats definitely hawthorn and bramble. The newer growth on the hawthorn doesnt have as many thorns, the older wood further into the hedge will.

Whoo hoooo!:) Thank Youuuuuu!..

@Ellasyn :D yeah there seemed to be both young and more mature like you said but further back and not easy to get to..

@Bunnybabe :D Thank You for putting me onto it, I wouldnt of ever known it was there if you hadn't mentioned it and its a nice wild spot untouched by roads, and chems etc.

I just gave him a tiny bit of leaf and he loved it.. he's never had it before..

Thank You.. Wow.. there was loadssssssss of it too!..

I'm not sure how long it will keep once cut etc, but if anyone finding this post is struggling to find any or doesn't really have access to any etc. I be happy to send a load.... just PM me.

M

Back