• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Companion Care Vets - Complete Care Health Plan

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
http://www.companioncare.co.uk/worcester-special-offers.html?offer=2841

I've put this in rabbit chat instead of health because it's also useful for cat/dog owners, I hope that's okay! I didn't wanna put it in general chat as I thought it was inappropriate there so I've shoved it here :oops: Feel free to move it if you think it should be somewhere else :oops:

It seems like I have no choice but to move over onto the combined vac for N&T, which is about £40 depending on the area (need to ring around my area and check). So that's £80 straight out, and it's £5 per bunny a month so that's £120 a year. So for £40 extra I'd get:

It says I'd get two health checks, but then goes on to say I'd get quarterly weight/growth checks and dietary advice - so an extra 3 vet checkups a year, or one. N&T are generally healthy so I never need checkups, I just get them checked over before vacs which I have spaced every 6 months. I guess having extra vet checkups is nice though, if the quarterly ones are actual vet checks

-10% off neutering isn't a help, they're already done!
-Dental health checks is useful but they're always checked in a checkup anyway, and a checkup is always done before vacs!
-Microchip for £10 is quite useful I guess, I had been meaning to get them done and I think it gives me something off their insurance.
-10% off dental procedures - well they've never needed anything done and I don't intend to let them have any problems, plus they're covered by insurance so really it doesn't bother me.
-10% off flystrike prevention is useful, but what treatment? I'd have to ring and ask.
-10% off pets at home... well, I don't buy anything there! I make my own treats, the hay is rubbish and I use megazorb for bedding :roll:

Also get protection from words and E.Cuniculi. I've researched and from what people say, preventative worming for E.cuniculi isn't generally needed in healthy rabbits and should be done when a rabbit shows symptoms instead. I've decided not to worm N&T for the time being as they're healthy with good immune systems. I assume the worming for the other worms would be panacur too? As I've decided not to worm N&T, I don't want to give them panacur (or similar)!

So basically, has anyone got any thoughts on the health plan? For any animal?

I would definitely go for it if N&T had any dental problems, or problems of any other kind.

Last edited:
Oh I remember seeing this at the CC vets when I took Pebbles for his neuter and it really interested me but I wasn't too sure.
Has anyone else tried it?

It is a great package if you can't afford the vaccs up front, especially if you have more than 1 bun. We have had a few people take it up who have said that they wouldn't have got their new bun vaccinated otherwise as they couldn't afford to pay £40 or £80 in one go, plus they get an extra vet check later in the year which saves them £27 when their bun is sick. I think the cat and dog one offers better value for money if you regularly flea and worm but the rabbit one does work for some :)

That doesn't look all that much of a bargain to me, as it seems to be only for preventative healthcare, unless I read it wrong.

When I had bunnies, the surgery I was using at the time had a plan where you paid monthly, got 'free' vaccinations/health check, plus a % off each consultation fee. That was actually worthwhile, as I was there a lot with the bunnies :)roll: ). The only thing not discounted was the medication.

That doesn't look all that much of a bargain to me, as it seems to be only for preventative healthcare, unless I read it wrong.

When I had bunnies, the surgery I was using at the time had a plan where you paid monthly, got 'free' vaccinations/health check, plus a % off each consultation fee. That was actually worthwhile, as I was there a lot with the bunnies :)roll: ). The only thing not discounted was the medication.

You do get your yearly vaccinations and health check, panacur and an extra vet consult as well as the stuff listed. Unfortunately you don't get a discount off every vet consult but 1 free as well as your helth check with vaccination isn't bad.

Back