• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pregnant?

Kellylou89

Warren Scout
Well .. i introduced Ellie i week or so ago, i took Ellie in (mini Lop) from a woman who no longer wanted her who also said "she is possibly pregnant because my buck managed to jump into her run and mate with her while i was in the garden, as i walked out he let out a grunt and fell off".
Well today she randomly start pulling her hair from her stomach and legs and making a nest .. she would stop lay down for bit and then start again and now she has stopped and is back to normal and gone to eat some food, i have checked her nest before i covered them all up for bed and wont go look again untill i uncover them again in the morning.
Could she deffo be pregnant and would this be normal pregnancy behaviour the stopping and starting i mean? (I know nest building and hair pulling is)

ive had a pregnant rabbit before but i knew she was pregnant, when i get told she is possibly pregnant it throws me off and then signs come and its like well ok is this real or phantom lol

Gave Birth

Ellie just gave birth to what i can see as being 3 Kits within the last hour .. i went and checked on her before my tea to see if she was ok and she was in her hide and had pulled more hair, after my tea i checked on her again and she was out as i peaked through the window .. Went in and checked her and her nest and there lies Kits .. Fingers crossed she makes a good mom :) she is a sweetheart!

ooo so not a phantom then!!! :lol:

good luck vibes to both mummies!!! (can't wait to see photos when they are a bit bigger!)

she is doing great :) change in mood now shes got kits she grunts when you go to get her out but to be expected .. she added more fur to the nest, that much that im suprised she has any left haha .. there are deffo 3 kits and they are all in good condition and when i checked them over this morn they were lovely and warm and nice and round bellied :)

haha, well Heres a few piks for you :)

Her nest and 3 Kits =)
IMG_7032.jpg

IMG_7023.jpg

IMG_7024.jpg

IMG_7027.jpg

IMG_7028.jpg

IMG_7029.jpg

IMG_7030.jpg

IMG_7031.jpg

Very cute.

Please don't use flash around tiny kits though, it can seriously damage their eyes.

Back