• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaround pipes, are they big enough?? Help!!

LainiT

Warren Scout
Hi all, this is probably in the wrong section but I need to order my runaround tubing etc tonight if I get the answer I'm hoping for...My buns are probably on the small side of average, not weighed them but just going on personal experience.

Bought a new 8x6 run and the bunnies are LOOOOOVVVVVVIIINNNGGGG it!! Just need a way of permanently attaching the hutch to the run. The hutch will be sitting ontop of the run so figuring the easiest way from A to B is a runaround pipe out of the hutch side, have the pipe running outside, attached, along one side of the run and in at the bottom.

The pipes seem so narrow, as do the 4 and 4.5 doors. Can rabbits actually get through them ok? My little Tufty is a bit rear end heavy to put it politely :lol:

Maybe I'm forgetting they're designed for tiny warrens...just wondering how everyone on here finds them.

Please can you come to my rescue and tell me it'll be fine! :)

Hi all, this is probably in the wrong section but I need to order my runaround tubing etc tonight if I get the answer I'm hoping for...My buns are probably on the small side of average, not weighed them but just going on personal experience.

Bought a new 8x6 run and the bunnies are LOOOOOVVVVVVIIINNNGGGG it!! Just need a way of permanently attaching the hutch to the run. The hutch will be sitting ontop of the run so figuring the easiest way from A to B is a runaround pipe out of the hutch side, have the pipe running outside, attached, along one side of the run and in at the bottom.

The pipes seem so narrow, as do the 4 and 4.5 doors. Can rabbits actually get through them ok? My little Tufty is a bit rear end heavy to put it politely :lol:

Maybe I'm forgetting they're designed for tiny warrens...just wondering how everyone on here finds them.

Please can you come to my rescue and tell me it'll be fine! :)

I have a friend who has a runaround and she has french lops, she had to get a slightly bigger flower attachment (they do 3 (I think) size options so it should be fine :wave:

BJ and Rosie use theirs with no problems at all. They are lionheads so fairly small buns but BJ is a big boned chunky monkey and weighs in at 2.5kg.

I was worried about what would happen if they met in the middle of the tunnel going in opposite directions and tried to pass each other. However when this has happened one of them backs up! As their claws tap along the tunnel they do know when the other is using it.

The only problem I have experienced is when BJ panicked at something, shot down the tunnel and managed to a rip a claw off when it got caught in one of the drainage holes. Blood everywhere :(

It took Rosie a while to dare to use it - I think because it was set up as a curve so she couldn't see through to the other end. Once I moved the run so the tunnel was straight she was fine.

I have just sent for some more so that Gabriel and Noo can have access to another run. I know that Gabe will be fine using it but am not sure about Noo as she is not very adventurous!

Oooh cheers you two, filling me with a bit more confidence!! Hadn't thought about them meeting head to head...haha!! :lol:

They're free ranging in my kitchen at the mo til I can get the run attached and move them out now its warmer woo hoo! I'm planning on leaving the pipe out for them to play with for a day or so to get them used to it before it has to be sloped to give access once its attached.

Bless them they're binkying around in the new run like possessed things at the moment, its brill!:love:

Back