• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When do you say no.....?? UD - Pics

R.P.B.G.G

Mama Doe
To more rabbits??

Stupidly agreed to go to a rescue with my sister in law today.... and guess what I did..... :roll:

Last edited:
When the number of rabbits affects the quality of care you can provide to the others who are already in your care.

That'll differ for different people.

I live in a house of 6 people and 2 people come round daily, (all family) and we all chip in caring for, all buy them things, space is not an issue as our garden is nearly 200ft.

Seeing so many rabbits without homes, theres always one that tugs on your heartstrings, I want to go back and get them all.

Note to self - STAY AWAY FROM RESCUES!

When the number of rabbits affects the quality of care you can provide to the others who are already in your care.

That'll differ for different people.

Perfectly summed up :thumb: For me, 2 is the limit, as I'm not lucky enough to have such a huuuuge garden and wouldn't be able to provide enough space for any more additions.

Wouldnt take them on if I didnt have the time/money/space for them...

The amount varies person to person, so it's not anyone saying a particular number or that you shouldn't. It is just that we have answered the question. You have to decide if it's best to take them on, bearing in mind the answrs given.

If you feel it is and are sure yours won't be negatively affected then there's no reason not to do it :)

Id happily pen off my whole garden :lol::lol:

Theres a big white cross breed there, someone chopped off the tops of his ears before the rescue got him :(

They have just had a pony come in, the owner dumped 50+ horses, but blinded them all before they let them go, I just wanted to break down, I dont know how these people do it I really dont

How sad! We realised our limit (2) when Widget said no to two more (by attacking Sprocket). Otherwise we'd have had two of the Lymington bunnies.

Oh dont!! If I had another carrier with me, Id have brought him home too.

He is so large Id have to find a suitable pen for him, which I dont have at present although I did see a 5ft hutch with attached run going cheap locally :roll:

This is Peanut -

Peanut1.jpg

Peanut2.jpg

Id happily pen off my whole garden :lol::lol:

Theres a big white cross breed there, someone chopped off the tops of his ears before the rescue got him :(

They have just had a pony come in, the owner dumped 50+ horses, but blinded them all before they let them go, I just wanted to break down, I dont know how these people do it I really dont

Why would someone do such a vile, wicked and cruel thing?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Oooops almost forgot...........hello Peanut.:love::love::wave:

It is beyond me how anyone could do such a thing, this pony now has very limited eye sight, he nearly fell over a number of times we were there just over a mound in the grass.

There are some really sick people out there!!

Peanut says hello back :D

Back