• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hopscotch didn't want breakfast U/D poo q P27!

helennnnnn

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: I don't know what to do. At work and my parents are away so there's no one to check if he's eaten it yet.

He had his banana medicine when I gave it to him. But when I gave him his pellets he didn't go mental as usual! He just got up from where he was sat and went to his bed. So I gave him a crunchie, which he would normally bite my hand off for, but just ignored it :cry: Before I left for work I gave him a bit of alfalfa hay and he was nibbling on that, and then decided to eat the crunchie. So I just came to work as I was already running late.

Should I go home to check on him?? I would be out of work for over an hour though as I don't drive to work.

:cry:

Last edited:
Hi, it's so worrying when they do that isn't it :( Daisy is like that sometimes, and if I'm worried I do go home at lunchtime to check on her if at all possible. But as Jenova said, he has eaten something, so should be ok til you get home if you can't nip out. Is he moulting at the moment? My buns sometimes go off their food a bit if they've been taking in lots of fur, in which case fibreplex seems to help them. If he's still not interested in food tonight I'd take him to the vets for a check x

I know what you mean I work full time as well and if one of my buns doesnt eat in the morning (only one of them does this sometimes) I normally just do a quick syringe feed before work just one syringe full. I worry all day though about her but she is usually fine when I get home. I would just wait until I you get home and if he hasn't eaten then phone your vets.

If its ok for you to leave work for an hour perhaps just pop in and check on him. Charlotte did this a couple of months back. Refused her breakfast which is unheard of but was eating hay. Her poos were small aswell, how are Hopscotch's? Turned out her gut was sluggish and a couple of doses of Metacloperamide sorted her out.

Loads of vibes, its so worrying when youre at work :( xxx

Well there is no-one here who can stop me from leaving. But I left work 1.5hrs early yesterday for a Drs appt and was late in today as was trying to get him to eat. I don't know :(

Well there is no-one here who can stop me from leaving. But I left work 1.5hrs early yesterday for a Drs appt and was late in today as was trying to get him to eat. I don't know :(

Aww, what a worry :(. Could you maybe take a longer lunchbreak to go and check on him and make the time up by staying late this evening, or working your lunch tomorrow or something?

What a worry for you. Bubbles often does this so I always tend to wait a little while before I phone the vets now but am on constant watch to see if she's eating in the meantime. I can imagine you must be a million times more worried being at work where you can't just nip out and check. :(

How did he seem in himself, apart from turning his nose up at the pellets? If you think you'll get away with it, I would nip home and check for peace of mind or perhaps see if you would be able to work through lunch (assuming you haven't already started your lunch break :lol:) and leave a bit early tonight.

He did eat some hay and nibbles his crunchie so that's all positive. Me might just be a bit constipated. We had a minor scare when Maisie was being a bit 'off' her food but after an hour and a big pile of poo she was eating normally again. I'm not sure what the main course of action is though, otherwise I would just wait til you get back and if there hasn't been an improvement take him straight to the vets?

Argh, its such a horrible situation :(
To be honest the chances are that as he has nibbled he may just havehad abit of gas or be abit constipated. But for peace of mind and to make sure he hastn deteriorated it might be worth a trip back :?

Sorry, im absolutely not helping atall am I?! Perhaps give your vet a call fir advise?

I'm home. Borrowed a colleague's bicycle to make it quicker. He's eaten his pellets and is currently running around digging my feet and the carpet :roll:

Bloody rabbits!

Back at work now!

Honestly, I was walking through the door thinking "please have eaten, please have eaten", saw all the food had gone, and thought "oh ffs :roll:" :lol:

So I had my sandwich while he had a run around like "OMG MUM'S HOME EARLY SO EXCITING"

Well I am glad I went really, otherwise I would have spent all afternoon worrying!

Best do some work now I suppose...!

Thanks everyone :love:

Back