• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding.....Ra and BB...going well...pics!

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
After BB lost her old man Joey on Monday I have been looking at what the future holds.
Yesterday I had Ra lying on one side of the Patio doors, and BB on the other, and had a lightbulb moment.

Ra lost Hera in December and has been a house rabbit since then, and I love him as a house bunny but I always wanted him to have another wifey.

This morning I've decided to give them a go together......at the moment they've been in the utility room for about an hour. I was only going to do an initial try to see if it was a possibility, but I'm going to stick at it a bit longer to see if I should just go for it now.....

I'm trying not to be too nervous, or set my hopes too high, but any spare positive bonding vibes for this pair would be a blessing!

Last edited:
010.jpg

017-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

Do you reckon they might get on??

Just thought I'd report that last night they were lying much closer to each other, were eating together, and Ra was considering grooming BB. He's humped her a few times, but not overly (he gets k...ckered pretty quickly!) but they're really calm.

I was happy to leave them together last night as they were so settled, and this morning they seem really chilled:D:D:D

I've moved them into a spare shed so they can see the garden and get some fresh air, and I can see them easily from the house, but I'd be surprised if these two don't bond:D:D:D:D

On a slightly sadder note my memorial for Joey arrived this morning, but at least I can now carry him with me every day:love:

Looks like a success! you had it too easy!

Don't I know it!

I was scared with them being giants because of the amount of damage they can do, and BB is in heart failure so I couldn't risk it being too stressy for her.

I've not done a huge amount of bonding (I usually wimp out with my own buns and get Louise at Hopper Haven to do it for me), but this one os probably one of the easiest (so far anyway.........don't want to jinx it too much!!!!)

Because of workmen coming through the utility room I had to move them this morning, so I put them in the shed that's waiting to be "re-modelled" for Oscar and Sea.

They've been great all day, and desperate for their free range time.......so they've also been out in the garden together for a few hours, and were brilliant. Surprisingly BB sought out Ra, wheras I thought it would be the other way around.

This was after they'd been in the garden....oldies seem so much easier to bond!

001-1.jpg

So Sweet!

That Photo Of Them Is Too Precious! I See That Having Them In Pairs Are Very Special, And It Is So Very Good For Them.

Back